Anyone from NY, D.C, California up for a Meetup?

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

The Grim Squeaker
Initiate

#1 Anyone from NY, D.C, California up for a Meetup?

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

I'm flying to the USA for a month or two May 12, to travel, to explore and to generally have a good time on a measely budget while getting only the bare minimum of communicable diseases ;).

My plans aren't finalized yet (beyond a flight ticket), but I'm planning to visit New York (mainly Manhattan, unless someone has some suggestions [A comment that applies in general, I need advice/could use help]), from there a train to Washington D.C, spending a few days at both locales, then I plan to take a flight to California and there to drive around with a rented car up and down Highway 1, visiting the national parks, anything else of interest and LA. I may be going to other states, I still haven't decided yet (and can still decide once I arrive).

So, is anyone from those areas up for a meet? I fly May 12th, and I should be in California around the end of May.
Formerly known as the .303 bookworm
Veni, Vidi,Vici.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/ ... 0av/CW.jpg[/img]
My Photography
My Picasa based Photography

Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much: the wheel, New York, wars while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in water having a good time.
But the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Have Fun!

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Likewise :smile: Have fun.
Last edited by Batman on Sun May 03, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

I'm not too far from DC, although not well acquainted with the city (driving there SUCKS beyond measure).
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.
The Village Idiot
Initiate

Post by The Village Idiot »

I believe it is a requirement that I suggest visiting Arizona if at all possible. I might be able to gather the group here and get them out to California somewhere, but who knows. Either way have an awesome trip.
"Sir, are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
Corbin Dallas - The Fifth Element
The Grim Squeaker
Initiate

The Village Idiot wrote:I believe it is a requirement that I suggest visiting Arizona if at all possible. I might be able to gather the group here and get them out to California somewhere, but who knows. Either way have an awesome trip.
I'll probably be using public transport, apart from route 1, so Arizona is a bit of a slog. (And a distance)... What's there to do there?

Isn't there anyone here from California, New York City, Washington DC, or even Chicago or New Orleans? :D
Veni, Vidi,Vici.
My Photography

Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much: the wheel, New York, wars while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in water having a good time.
But the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons
The Grim Squeaker
Initiate

Bah! Curse you geographically challenged folks!
Veni, Vidi,Vici.
My Photography

Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

...says the guy who is NOT majorly geographically challenged for all of one month. :razz:
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'