Star Wars: The Tide Turns (VOIP Game)

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Seeing as how my connection is spotty at best, and I don't have all my software available to me, there will be no game today as well. Sorry for the two week haitus, but we will return to our regular schedule next week, barring any other complications.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Alright, some editing has been done, leaving us with two reference sheets.

SW:S Talents & Feats
SW:S The Force (& Starship Maneuvers)
Last edited by rhoenix on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Just as a reminder, the game is on tonight in an hour and a half. Be there or be square!
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

I forgot the three Force Traditions from the Clone Wars sourcebook - added now.

Working on adding the barebones additions for Force Powers/Secrets/Techniques.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

I'm interested in what the proposed changes to the rules regarding destiny points are going to be. I would hesitate to change anything though, since that's the way I am - if the fear is that destiny points are open to exploit by opportunistic players, at least we're aware of this as a potential problem, but on the other hand, we haven't really come across any situations where spending a destiny point is considered an option.

We haven't really had any challenging boss fights, we haven't had any scenarios where we need to take a step down the destiny road and thus have to make a particular decision etc. So far we've gone up against frankly low-level threats - stormtroopers, pinook starfighters etc - so perhaps we need to be fully tested in that capacity before any perceived shortcomings in the destiny point system need to be addressed.

For a suggestion, I'd ask if its possible destiny points can be applied to ordinary skill rolls in the same way that they can be used as an autocrit without needing to roll. An automatic success, getting a result of 20 for a skill without needing to take 20. I'm a bit surprised this wasn't in the core rulebook. This can be helpful for furthering a player's particular destiny - sometimes a Gather Info or Use Computer check (say to uncover some vital piece of information or the whereabouts of an NPC who has vital pieces of information etc) might be more important in the long run than the ability to autocrit a boss.

Any thoughts?
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

As a note for this Tuesday, unfortunately I will not be able to make the game due to prior engagements which I was reminded of today. I will be available Monday or Wednesday of the same week.

- William Gibson

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

The SW Feats & Talents document has been updated now with all the feats from the main rulebook, Clone Wars, Force Unleashed, Galaxy at War, Jedi Academy, KOTOR, Rebellion Era, Scum & Villainy, and Starships of the Galaxy sourcebooks.

Next: adding effects to all Feat entries for remaining entries (Scum & Villainy, and Starships of the Galaxy).
Last edited by rhoenix on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:35 am, edited 6 times in total.

- William Gibson

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Windswept wrote:As a note for this Tuesday, unfortunately I will not be able to make the game due to prior engagements which I was reminded of today. I will be available Monday or Wednesday of the same week.
Both days work for me, but Monday would actually be preferable (that would be game on in 12 hours from this post).
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

I doubt I'll be free to game in the next 12 hours. I have some things I need to do. Can we keep it on your Wednesday/my Thursday please, if it doesn't inconvenience anybody?
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Okay, that's fine.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

As a head's up, I will be here tonight, but I will probably be about twenty to thirty minutes late as I get off work at about 5pm EST, which is to say right when the game is scheduled to start.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

All feats from all books that I have are now in the SW-S Talents & Feats document. All Force powers/secrets/techniques have been added to the SW-S Force document.

EDIT1: Added all details for all Force powers/secrets/techniques from all books, except actual effect descriptions, which are forthcoming per book.
EDIT2: Added all Force Powers, techniques, and secrets from the main RPG rulebook.
EDIT3: Added all Force powers & techniques from Legacy Era.
EDIT4: Added all Force powers, techniques, and secrets from Force Unleashed.
EDIT5: Added all Force powers, techniques, and secrets from Clone Wars.
EDIT6: Added all Force powers, techniques, secrets, and Lightsaber Forms from Jedi Academy.
EDIT7: Added all starship maneuvers from Starships of the Galaxy.
EDIT8: Added all Force powers & techniques from KOTOR.
Last edited by rhoenix on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 14 times in total.

- William Gibson

Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Okay, so I have finally found out when my grandparents will be coming over for the holidays, and it is this Tuesday, so my evening is already spoken for on that night and probably Wednesday as well. Pretty much the only open spot I have is Monday night this evening, which probably means everyone else is busy. Joy. Anyway, family comes first, so we'll either have to work something out or I will not be joining you all this week.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Monday would work for me quite well. Anyone else?

- William Gibson

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

My monday actually looks pretty booked at the moment, so I'm not sure how well it will work out. If it works, I'll try to get the game going, but I'm likely to be pretty busy that day.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

I'm not sure I feel up to a game later today to be honest. I am feeling pretty bummed out and depressed.

Look I'll sleep on it, and if I wake up feeling better I'll let you guys know.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

That's cool man, I know what its like to feel depressed. Go hang out with friends and family rather than voices online. If you guys can get together enough people, go ahead without me tomorrow.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Stofsk wrote:I'm not sure I feel up to a game later today to be honest. I am feeling pretty bummed out and depressed.
Don't stress man, go take care of you.

I realized I have a shit-ton of errands this week, so today will help ensure I can get them all (or most) done.

- William Gibson

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Is tomorrow (roughly 24 hours from this post) good for everyone? If not, we will try again after New Year's.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Hotfoot wrote:Is tomorrow (roughly 24 hours from this post) good for everyone? If not, we will try again after New Year's.
Works for me, I will be there.

- William Gibson

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Now, as for the changes to the Destiny point system, here's my current thoughts:

1. The following are spend uses: Reroll any single die throw of yours or an NPC, most force ability uses.
2. The following are burn uses: Force a failure, Force a Success (not crit), get more permanent Force points (maybe)

Now, as far as progression for Force Points and Destiny Points. Really, there should be many more force points than destiny points, due to the difference in power. I may also start including temporary force points as rewards for exceptionally cool moments.

Force points I may move to 1 + Level, with additional +1 for your first prestige class, with Destiny Points being 1/2 your current heroic level. Thoughts?
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Hotfoot wrote:1. The following are spend uses: Reroll any single die throw of yours or an NPC, most force ability uses.
2. The following are burn uses: Force a failure, Force a Success (not crit), get more permanent Force points (maybe)
I like this setup.
Hotfoot wrote:I may also start including temporary force points as rewards for exceptionally cool moments.
Excellent idea. Nerfing Force Points and making them more numerous than usual (with the mechanic of making them Nice Work points as well) fits the tone of the game.
Hotfoot wrote:Force points I may move to 1 + Level, with additional +1 for your first prestige class, with Destiny Points being 1/2 your current heroic level. Thoughts?
Its this part that I have an issue with. Given the current proposal, someone of later levels will not only be badass in terms of talents/feats, but also because they can pull the "oh holy shit" stuff more often, due to how many Force Points one has.

Especially if Force Points are going to be awarded for doing something awesome, having an overabundance (e.g. being 10th level, and having 11 one can use per adventure) would detract from their use. Keeping them rare, even if not as rare as Destiny Points would encourage more tactical use of them, especially later on.

- William Gibson

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Ready to shoot some bad guys for the Emperor- I mean shoot some Imperials.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it today. Sorry guys.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Tuesday good?