STGOD! OOC Thread.

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

Is it a grading scale, where 1 is really bad and 3/4 is moderate bad/good and 6 is really good? And will you supply a general idea of what happened, or is it Choose Your Own Adventure time?
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

The Cleric wrote:Is it a grading scale, where 1 is really bad and 3/4 is moderate bad/good and 6 is really good? And will you supply a general idea of what happened, or is it Choose Your Own Adventure time?
I don't think the specific number it lands on when determining what sort of event it is matters too much. But magi will definitely come up with something to give to people in terms of an event.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

Take a look and make sure I changed that clearly in my OOB if you could.

And writing as much as most of the other players is just not going to happen; I feel so inadequate against Havoc and Cat :P.
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Okay on that roll 1-5 nothing happens.

On a 6 something happens to you. As you can tell on the rolls 1-3 something bad. On roll of 4-6 something good happens. I then PM myself a percentile dice roll consult a table I have created and PM the player the event.

Any questions?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

frigidmagi wrote:
Any questions?
Do your prefer bribes of beer or hookers?
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

So for all those not yet aware, I am going to be gone from the 1st to the 10th of January, being as I shall be voyaging to Israel and hopefully returning alive. I shall thus be unable to take actions or plot evil during that period.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

So if you get a 6, you roll again for the event? So most of the time people won't have anything going on, correct?

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

General Havoc wrote:So for all those not yet aware, I am going to be gone from the 1st to the 10th of January, being as I shall be voyaging to Israel and hopefully returning alive. I shall thus be unable to take actions or plot evil during that period.
He's going to the Middle East! Terrorist!! :wink:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

I would just like to say that with the holidays, and with people being potentially absent, we may want to change the pace of the game, if only temporarily. A week per "turn" strikes me as too fast in general, especially since some players may not be present for the better part of a week and make certain interactions next to impossible. I know that most weekends I'm completely unavailable until sunday night, and if I'm going to be expected to respond to someone who's unavailable until saturdays, it's going to make things exceedingly difficult to deal with.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

The game is rolling pretty quick and some people still have OOB issues. I second Hotfoot's motion.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

I thought we were still in the 1st turn? :?:

Otherwise, yeah, waiting until holidays are completely over and people are back home from trips to the relatives and such may be wiser.
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

We're in the first build cycle, but the second turn overall, so by the end of this week, four months will have passed in games. Rather quick progression so far, especially with the threat of war looming in several zones.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

I was under the impression that this week heralded the second half of a four month turn, or rather that the first two months in-game where the "start-up" period and the first turn had just started and it would be next weekend - January 8-10th, that the second turn would start.

Again, if not so I agree that we should slow until holidays are over and we can be sure everyone's involved.
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Turns are defined as two-month periods, not four month periods, the four month periods are the build cycles, but obviously we need to be able to move at speeds greater than our factories.
Slacker
Apprentice

Post by Slacker »

Umm, don't want to rain on our African player's parade, but Zanzibar's been a Vasan colonial holding since my initial claim. *points to various posts*
Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

Slacker wrote:Umm, don't want to rain on our African player's parade, but Zanzibar's been a Vasan colonial holding since my initial claim. *points to various posts*
Its not on the map and I am not particularly inclined to having you have it since I have all of Tanzania and I am not particularly interested in having a naval depot right off my shore. We can negotiate, but you already have a lot of territory and you have nothing that I would possibly want for leverage.
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Speaking of holdings and such, we need an updated map rather seriously, hint hint.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Slacker wrote:Umm, don't want to rain on our African player's parade, but Zanzibar's been a Vasan colonial holding since my initial claim. *points to various posts*
I'd like to point out that you also claim the port of Aden, which seems to be squarely in the hands of the French at this point in time.
Slacker
Apprentice

Post by Slacker »

Aden was discarded for Socotra and I must've forgotten to change it in the OOB thread, however Zanzibar was not, just like the Falkland Islands and Tahiti weren't. One can go back to the first post or two I made, when people were being pressured into taking colonial empires and I stepped up as the Vasans and claimed southern India.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I thought I marked it has Vasan on the map...

Yes Zanzibar is Vasan. He claimed it months before you showed up Marcoa.

Edit: Ah there's the problem Zanzibar isn't on the damn map. Sorry about that Marcoa but Slacker was simply there first and you'll have to live with that.

Note to self, if y'all are gonna claim these tiny islands we need a better map.
Last edited by frigidmagi on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Slacker
Apprentice

Post by Slacker »

Well, to summarize I've got the Falklands, Zanzibar, Socotra (again, replacing Aden, have to remember to fix that) and Tahiti. Coupled with access to the Grand Banks and Iceland/Greenland, the Vasans have a great deal to do with the world's fishing and whaling industries.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

A bigger map is definitely a necessity with all the little islands that have been claimed. For example I had no idea that Slacker had Socotra or Zanzibar, and on the map it looks like he doesn't have the Falklands either.
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

And if the most updated one could be linked on the first page, that would be nice too.

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

That's gonna have to wait til I get home.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

Problem is that unless you want to get to huge maps of the world, smaller islands like, well, much of the Pacific simply won't show up.

Still, to make sure there's no confusion, my Pacific possessions are the Carolines (as a whole), Guam alone in the Marianas, Wake Island, Midway, Hawaii, some of the atolls south of Hawaii, Samoa (both East and West), Fiji, Vanuatu, and the Santa Cruz Islands (the islands right by New Caledonia... guess I should list that and the Bismarcks (New Britain) and Solomons.