Star Wars: The Tide Turns (VOIP Game)

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Early heads up here, I will not be available Tuesday evening, but things are totally open on Wednesday.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

I can plan for Wednesday, as long as I am able to have advance notice from now. Anyone else?
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

I am open for Wednesday.
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Wednesday and Tuesday both work for me.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Wednesday it is then. Prepare for war.
Marcao
Disciple

#281 The Rules of Acquisition

Post by Marcao »

Hey Guys:

I have talked with the almighty authority figure that is Hotfoot and he has allowed me to do this little offer. Roughly a day before last session, Erik Zaar approached each member of team awesome individually and made him an offer along these lines:

"I am about to involve myself into a business venture and felt compelled to offer you an opportunity to join me in this endeavor. It is relatively low risk and potentially high gain. I will be putting in roughly five hundred thousand credits into this action. You are welcome to put in whatever funds you feel comfortable in spending."

For those with the cojones to try and negotiate or get more information out of him. He will reassure you that it does not involve slaving, mass murder or other such...activities. If you try to dig deeper you are not only likely to fail (:P) but Erik's feelings will be hurt and he will write down the lack of trust on one of his many ledgers. ^_~

If you will be participating in this venture, please write in this thread how many credits you are going in for.
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

After the obligatory suspicious looks, Kel gives Erik 50k credits.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

100K and all the muscle, guile and firepower that Erik might require. It would be more if I didn't have to gun shop in the near future.

BTW, Tuesday only for me next week.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:BTW, Tuesday only for me next week.
Works for me.

- William Gibson

Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

I may have to bow out this week, as I am working Tuesday, on call Wednesday (and I need the hours), and worst of all my router is dead, dead, dead and I had no idea when the company will be around to fix it.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

I'll have to bow out too, last leg of the race for this semester (final essays due this week).
Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

Damn, I hope you get your router fixed Academia Nut. Sfosk, good luck with your finals. I look forward to when we can have the band back together in full force. ^_~
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

As do I. Since we're already out two people for this week, do we just want to wait until next week?

- William Gibson

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Next week it shall be.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

Antares tells Erick, 'Sounds interesting. However, I have my eye on a venture of my own. I wouldn't want us to work at cross-purposes, so I'll tell you my proposal. I intend to form and command my own squadron in the future, hopefully sooner rather than later. To do this, I imagine I'd need to prove to Rebel Command of my abilities.

'Perhaps your goals and mine can coincide. I'd love to know more...'
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

This week Thursday (for me I mean)? I don't know if I can make it Wednesday (your guy's Tuesday).
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Next two weeks I'm totally hosed for Tuesday and Wednesday. Feel free to game without me.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

I should be good either day this week, which is to say, looks like Wednesday it will be, albeit less our combat tyrannosaur. :cry:
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

I can work with Wednesday this week.

- William Gibson

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Wednesday is fine. Shardessk can split off with Kyle for the duration of the next few games.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Okay, the group is back on Sullust after having spooked the Pirate's landing force. Everyone who put in money to Erik's deal is seeing a tripling of their funds, but those funds will not be available until the next week. The captured bulk cruiser was sold to the liberated world at a bit of a discount, and after the Alliance's "tax", it comes to 299,250 credits for each player, ready for use on arrival of Sullust.

I have made a thread for the house rules so that they are not hidden throughout the thread. If I missed something, please let me know.

Next on my list of things to do is to come up with specialized manufacturers, based on the examples on the KOTOR supplement. It's a good idea and one I've meant to follow up on for some time.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

Hi guys, this week might be iffy for me, but at this stage Thursday looks safe. Does that gel alright with people?
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Look Stofsk, we all know you're living in the future and all, but damn. Try not to rub it in, would you?

And yeah, wednesday is fine for me as well. :wink:

- William Gibson

Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

Hmm... sorry, but I might have to bug out this week. I don't think I can squeeze any gaming in. :sad:
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

No worries, next week it is.