The Joys of Home Ownership!

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

#1 The Joys of Home Ownership!

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

I signed a deal as of the 28th of last month that will in 3 years and $165,000 later give me full title to a nice 4 bed 2 bath townhome in Longmont CO. What makes me even happier is the 12th of this month the City of Longmont announced that its "Rebutification and Revitaliaztion Project" would be headed to this neighborhood the middle of next summer and my property value SOARED... The house I am signed in to pay 165,000 for is now worth (and still climbing) over 200,000 and I am shocked I was this damn lucky to get it. Plus on the upside I am getting the house from a gentleman in the Air Force (was a reservist but got called up, he is now a Captain in the USAF and as a doctor, accorded much praise from the people there), he was also able to allow me to purchase the house from him with lower property transfer fees and a whole bunch of other happy for me (including a full remodel of the kitchen this coming spring entirely free and paid for by the USAF. I dont know how he is swinging this but it makes me happy.

On the down side, I have to pay $350 to the local power company and $100 to the local gas company to get services transfered over to my name since I have never had accounts with them before... DAMN THAT!!! The other downside is that I have to deal with living in a baby filled neighborhood. There are infants in either townhome next to me, three in the block across the way, and a quad set of toddlers two stands over. But I do have a 2 car garage that I am going to convert into a gaming room/library/study....
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

This is NOT Down Below Material. This is Great Hall Material.

You've been here long enough to know the difference - there is nothing here of a sensitive nature that needs the privacy of the Down Below's Wards..

-Dark Silver
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
The Village Idiot
Initiate

Post by The Village Idiot »

Congrats man. Home ownership is pretty awesome , and damned expensive. So many little things you will find that you need will nickel and dime you to death. But it sounds like and amazing deal. How many square ft?
"Sir, are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
Corbin Dallas - The Fifth Element
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Dark Silver wrote:This is NOT Down Below Material. This is Great Hall Material.

You've been here long enough to know the difference - there is nothing here of a sensitive nature that needs the privacy of the Down Below's Wards..

-Dark Silver
I didn't want it advertised too publically since I am keeping the fact I own this house from my parents
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Jason_Firewalker wrote:I didn't want it advertised too publically since I am keeping the fact I own this house from my parents
...Why?
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

The Village Idiot wrote:Congrats man. Home ownership is pretty awesome , and damned expensive. So many little things you will find that you need will nickel and dime you to death. But it sounds like and amazing deal. How many square ft?
Thanks buddy, its 3 floors of about 800, 1 basement, a main floor and a second floor. But thats an estimate, as I dont have the numbers in front of me and its 2:35 AM here... I will have my roommate calculate in the morning, I know that its at least 775 without the tile areas cause it has 700 sq ft of carpet and we have 2 bathrooms and a kitchen
-- Sir Issac Asimov

Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

rhoenix wrote:
Jason_Firewalker wrote:I didn't want it advertised too publically since I am keeping the fact I own this house from my parents
...Why?
you have never met my parents... lets leave it at typical new york jew parents... over bearing, controlling and freakishly overprotective... the last time I even tried to buy property my mom threatened to dis-inherit me...
-- Sir Issac Asimov

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Jason_Firewalker wrote:you have never met my parents... lets leave it at typical new york jew parents... over bearing, controlling and freakishly overprotective... the last time I even tried to buy property my mom threatened to dis-inherit me...
So you've decided to call her bluff, then?
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

yes i did... except its my bluff thats still working cause she has not figured out that the house is mine and not the property of a fictitious roommate...
-- Sir Issac Asimov

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Jason_Firewalker wrote:yes i did... except its my bluff thats still working cause she has not figured out that the house is mine and not the property of a fictitious roommate...
Because I am at risk of being impolite, I will withhold further comment. May you and your house be blessed.

- William Gibson