WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

#126 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by Josh »

Pablo is all about the ambush. It's much easier to shank the fuck out of people when you're coming from the south on a northbound future corpse.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#127 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by frigidmagi »

My point being that just because wolves don't do something in nature doesn't mean it can't be a ban for the tottem. Werewolves aren't wolves anymore then they're humans.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#128 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by LadyTevar »

Thanks for the input, guys :)

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#129 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by LadyTevar »

rheonix? What is SeesFaces doing, what form is he in, and if you're still a wolf who's got your leash?

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#130 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by rhoenix »

Sorry about that - posted now.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#131 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by LadyTevar »

So now it's just Cyncat.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#132 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by General Havoc »

Cynical Cat wrote:Alex couldn't help but notice pretty girls wearing summer clothes. Hell, to be honest he didn't even attempt to fight it. They looked good enough to eat. Figuratively, of course. He smiled and jumped out of the van, his Not Really A Map Case slung over his shoulder. "Let us go," he said and began whistling cheerily.

His lying was so good not even his eyes gave it away.
I demand an opportunity to make an opposed Perception+Alertness test!
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#133 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by Cynical Cat »

General Havoc wrote:
I demand an opportunity to make an opposed Perception+Alertness test!
To do what? See if your tablet is sneaking up on you? Checking to see how much bandwidth you have? :rofl:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
frigidmagi

#134 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by frigidmagi »

I didn't know Sophie swung that way.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#135 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by LadyTevar »

Now now, Sophie's already said she's deep into her devices. So she'd not really notice that Alex was appreciating the scenery, like any other college-age lad out that day.

Unless, that is, Sophie is Jealous of Alex looking... :twisted:

rhoenix

#136 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by rhoenix »

On that note, I think I have to do this.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#137 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by LadyTevar »

Oh, this will be good....

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#138 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by General Havoc »

I hate everyone right now.

Just a note.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Josh

#139 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by Josh »

General Havoc wrote:I hate everyone right now.

Just a note.
Hey, I haven't even fucked with you for weeks now.

I mean, we are overdue...
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
frigidmagi

#140 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by frigidmagi »

Yeah Josh you go ahead and give Rhoenix the talk. I gotta see this.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#141 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by LadyTevar »

And Rheonix gets the first Extra EXP of the game, by making the ST laugh so hard she hurts.

rhoenix

#142 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by rhoenix »

I've walked by both men and women who use way too much perfume/cologne. This seemed like a good start to Sees-Faces' discovery of the nuances of the homid world.

- William Gibson

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#143 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by LadyTevar »

I've been guilty of a touch too much myself, so I totally understand :)

Josh

#144 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by Josh »

Elevators, brings back fond memories.

The best ST I ever played with was a master at continually layering on the tension. He could make the most mundane things feel ominous.

So one game, there's three of us and an elevator. My character gets on the elevator and punches the button.

Now bear in mind, he's been creeping us out and headfucking us all game long, so at this point we're very, very jumpy.

So he says 'Suddenly... the elevator doors slowly slide closed.'

What he meant by that was that the elevator was functioning normally, but the other two players fucking FREAKED because they thought that the elevator was busy eating my character. So they're jumping forward, grabbing at the doors, all sorts of drama and hysterics.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#145 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by LadyTevar »

That is Good StoryTelling. I hope I'm at least making the visuals stick. I'm partly going off 20yr old memories, and the rest what I can find online.

Hotfoot is going to be joining us soon as he posts his CS to the thread. If no one minds, I can add him during the meeting with the Doctor.

Hotfoot

#146 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by Hotfoot »

Name: Samir Nasser (Khonsušwt)
Nature: Trickster
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Breed: Homid
Tribe: Silent Striders
Camp: Seekers
Auspice: Ragabash

Background:

Samir was born of Safkhetakh, a Theurge of considerable ability, and Taysir Nasser, a kinfolk who often aided the Garou of his family through a wide range of talents. Though he never changed, many in the family consider him to be as brave as any wolf, something which drove the two of them together as lovers. Though her duties and their paths would separate them at times, they would always find each other when they needed to. While pregnant with Taysir’s child, Safkhetakh would still perform her duties to Gaia and the Garou, though as the pregnancy progressed, she would swear that her child had a sense of humor, kicking at the strangest times, as if trying to talk to her without yet being born. As a result, she decided to name the child Samir, and within a month of her making that decision, Samir decided to be born without much warning, causing his mother to go into labor in the middle of a celebration ritual. It was to little surprise to anyone that the moon did not show its face that night, and rather than cry, all little Samir did was laugh and coo.

Leaving Samir with his father, Safkhetakh would continue her duties, returning every so often to dote upon her child. Samir and Taysir, meanwhile, would travel the world. While most of his life was spent in the United States, Taysir had within him a wanderlust and desire for exploration, one that he instilled in Samir. Samir’s education was decidedly non-standard, with Taysir and Samir’s extended family teaching him much of what he needed to know. He spent a few years in schools around the world, but he never much cared for the constraints of the formal systems of education, all too often speaking out of turn, or correcting teachers, or simply laughing off assigned work.

Libraries, however, held a special place in Samir and Taysir’s hearts. Libraries were magical places, filled with wisdom and foolishness and wonder. If ever there were a place Samir would behave, it was at a library, though a few kin encouraged some manner of mischief when he was young even there. If ever there were a core to Samir’s education, it was at these fonts of collected knowledge.

Then, one day, the change came. He was young, and despite knowing that it could happen, he knew that chances were just as good he would end up like his father, which seemed to suit him well enough, despite the growing fights he and his father were having.

It was in one of these fights that it happened. While arguing over Samir’s latest romance and the need for discretion in their lives, rage overtook him, his body twisted and grew, his muscles bulging and his teeth sharpening. His father looked at him in shock, his jaw hanging limp as he backed away. Torn between panic and anger, he looked to a mirror to see what was happening to him, and then he was not where he had been standing.

His mother arrived the next day, and using her skills and talents, she was able to retrieve him from where he had ended up. He did not speak of the events of that day to anyone but her, not even his father, but something that happened in the Umbra changed him. His Garou name, given by his mother, would be Khonsušwt, following her tradition of the old ways.

Perhaps it was just his realization of his place as a Garou, maybe it was something more, but since then he has become driven. He learned what he could from his mother, and then he began to travel on his own, enjoying life and his place within the world, aiding the Garou as he would wander, but ever with one thing weighing upon his mind. Every soul he would aid, he would ask as his price a question, knowing that somewhere there was some soul that would have the answer he sought.

Nothing stays secret forever, and the dead have long memories...

- - -

Attributes (Physical): Strength 2, Dexterity 3, Stamina 3
Attributes (Social): Charisma 3, Manipulation 3, Appearance 2
Attributes (Mental): Perception 3, Intelligence 4, Wits 4

Abilities (Talents):
Alertness 2 - One does not know what one does not see, and what one does not know will likely kill him.
Athletics 2 - Forever am I to follow in the shadow of the moon, I might as well be quick about it.
Brawl 2 - Guns, knives, they are nice. They also can be expensive and draw the attention of the authorities. Let them search my shoes, it is fine. It lets me avoid ruining another good pair of boots with my claws.
Empathy 2 - Everyone wants something, the trick is to learn the difference between what they say they want and what they truly desire.
Primal Urge 1 - You know, I can’t put my finger on it, but I have a bad feeling about this.
Streetwise 2 - No, no, stop, what are you doing? Put that bandana away, do you not know where we are? You know better of the ways of snarling and pissing on trees, let me show you how it is done in cities.
Subterfuge 2 - A prince? Well, no, not a major one, at least. You know how it is, twelfth of twenty sons. Certainly, there is wealth, but always duty and honor. Right now, for the first time in quite some time, I feel alive. Let us go and greet life, shall we?

Abilities (Skills):

Etiquette 1 - Of course I mean no offense, great one. I only humbly request that I be present that I might learn from your example. My mother, she said many wonderful things of your skills in this area...
Larceny 2 - Come now, if he truly did not wish me to have this, why would he turn his back and leave everything unlocked? It was a sign of his generous soul. Now, to be proper, we must leave before he pretends to notice, so as not to appear greedy.
Stealth 2 - You do remember the first part of my clan’s name, yes? You are fortunate that I am not some fell beast from beyond all sense and reason, or you would be very unhappy right now.
Survival 1 - Around the tree and back down the hole, yes, yes. Now if you didn’t throw away my tinderbox, we can even cook it when it’s caught. Yes, I know raw is fine, but I have spices that make rabbit taste magnificent when roasted over a fire.

Abilities (Knowledges):

Academics 2 - You spent how much to learn that? I know you don’t often haggle here, but did you even try to look around you for a better deal? First off, no, it’s not an acronym based on royal consent to have sex. You think people ever waited for a king to have sex? This place is filled with libraries, hordes of knowledge the likes of which the world has never seen, available for free, and you gave them money for a home to learn nonsense?
Enigmas 2 - I believe it was said best by the Behatted Baker Street Shamus, when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. We live in a stranger world than even he knew, and there is much that is possible.
Investigation 1 - No, no, the proper incantation for this ritual is the word “Fuck”. You must use it in as many ways possible without repeating it, or it will not work. We will switch, you see?
Occult 3 - No, it is not like the stories you have heard. Those tales were meant to frighten cubs, to bring us together to fight. The truth is much, much worse...let me tell you.
Rituals 2 - You would wish that I perform at this moot? You honor me, and I promise that I will not disappoint.

Backgrounds:
Pure Breed 3 - My mother and my father, their love was true, as was their heritage, at least as much as it can be these days. Everyone is impressed, but in truth, in many ways I envy my cousins.
Kinfolk 1 - We have familia all over the world, but never very much, and often not for very long. Still, I wonder if Nadya is in town, or perhaps Aishe...
Spirit Heritage 3 - My blood is pure, as is my spirit, it seems. Fortunate it was the case, and useful at times.
Rites 3 - Once I changed, my mother would not let me rest until I learned certain rites at her hand. Not that I am complaining, it was calming after...everything.

Rites:
Rite of Binding
Rite of Cleansing
Bone Rythms*
Greet the Sun*

Gifts:

Persuasion (Rank 1) - People are truly wonderful, and when you allow them to see how wonderful they are, they are often very grateful.
Open Seal (Rank 1) - What is it the Glasswalkers say? Information wishes to be free? Is it not true that all things are information?
Visions of Duat (Rank 1) - You know spirits, yes, but these are not the spirits you know. We walk in a place unkind to the dead.
Speech of the World (Rank 2) - Truly, we all speak one tongue, the language of life and joy. Translation is only difficult if you let it be.

Renown: (Rank 2: Fostern)
HONOR: 2
WISDOM: 4
GLORY: 1

Touch of Luna:
Gnosis: 4
Rage: 4
Willpower: 6

Merits & Flaws:

Merits
Spirit Magnet 1
Natural Linguist 2
Language 2 - English, Arabic, Ancient Egyptian, Latin, Garou, Hindi

Flaws
Slip Sideways -1
Driving Goal -3

Gear & Equipment:
Backpack, small collection of spices, a small (but growing) collection of journals, rugged clothing with many pockets, lockpicks disguised as trinkets, basic survival gear, a collection of library cards from around the world.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

#147 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by SirNitram »

Since Michael and Paul undoubtably have a history, I'm trying to build off it. I'm sure Michael's brought up the escalators before. City mouse, country mouse. Michael is at easy in city's of West Virginia(Likely all too small for Glass Walkers except for suburban ones.), and Paul's a Gnawer of a local variety who live in 'hollers'. I'm sure Tev can give more detail. Perhaps her tales of the escalators..
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#148 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by LadyTevar »

You mean the fact that the first two brought people from the hollers just to ride them? Hell, even today my nephews were fascinated the first time they saw them. They would rather ride the escalator than go in the Toy Store!! I like to never got them out of the Mall, they had to ride each one down, then up, then down, then up... and then try to walk up the down, you get the idea...

Josh

#149 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by Josh »

Well, Paul's been more of a roamer. But I'll edit my post for a shared history, I'm def cool with that. But Paul started out in Miami as the adopted child of a rich family. Even if he's been living in the gutter since adolescence, he's seen the works of man.
frigidmagi

#150 Re: WEREWOLF: When will you Rage

Post by frigidmagi »

"Glorious purity of garbage-eating" is now my favorite werewolf phrase of the day. I encourage all of you to top it!