My connection is cutting out: any ideas why?

C&T: Video Games, Table Top Games & Computerized Stuff
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

#1 My connection is cutting out: any ideas why?

Post by Destructionator XV »

My Internet connection has been cutting out alot recently. I am unable to make any connections until I unplug my router's power, then plug it back in.

It was that it would only affect some websites (with IP addresses starting with 64.x.x.x), but now it is affecting all my connections to the outside.

Connecting through the router to another computer on my LAN is working fine though.

I've tried flashing the firmware on my router, but no change. And this doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes.

Any ideas on what, exactly might be causing this? Or more importantly, anything else I can try to do to prevent it?
Adam D. Ruppe
Image Oh my hero, so far away now.....
Surlethe
Initiate
Location: Putting off studying for finals ... even after finals are done

Post by Surlethe »

That happens to me all the fucking time: the router cuts out, and I have to run back to flick the power strip off-on; then, it works just fine. I have no idea why it does this, but it's been doing it for several months now. I didn't know anybody else's did the same thing.
--CoVD: Every time Vin Diesel kills God, a kitten masturbates.--
BANDWIDTH THIEF
"Forgive you?" Leto's voice was full of sweet reason. "Of course I forgive you. That is your God's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." ~Frank Herbert, God-Emperor of Dune
ACPATHNTDWATGODW
The Death Brigade
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Likewise was happening to me on my last job, it's not a Linksys router by any chance?
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Post by Destructionator XV »

Why, yes it is. It is a Linksys model number BEFW11S4.
Adam D. Ruppe
Image Oh my hero, so far away now.....