How was your Valentine's day?

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

#1 How was your Valentine's day?

Post by Destructionator XV »

First time I ever did anything remotly special on the dreaded day, and how hilarious it was.

About 4 hours ago, I walked up to my friend's house, and she and I were going to go out to dinner.

After driving around the city for about an hour, we ended up stopping at the carry out Pizza Hut and ordered a pie to go back to her house. All the restuarounts were too bloody crowded.

Then we sit down to eat it with her mother, brother, and little sister, while watching Gilmore Girls (it is actually not a bad show...) and the Olympics on the teletube.

She takes some pearl earrings and necklace I bought here, and puts it in the stack of stuff I have bought her. Now totaling over $600. Not bad considering we are just friends!

I tell her mother this is my idea of a sophisticated, romantic evening.

After that, we mocked stupid people on the Internet together.

So it ended up being just another normal day afterall. Perfect.

How about you?
Adam D. Ruppe
Image Oh my hero, so far away now.....
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

I worked at my part time job at a mechanics from 9 till 430. Then I drove to the gym, and workedout till 550. Then I came home, ate dinner, and am now killing time online. Weeeeee........
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

I got home from work, bummed on the computer. Went out after to load up on some junk food. Gave some passing thought to going for a run or the gym...the thought passed. Bummed online some more, watched SG1, bummed on the computer some more, went to bed.
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

Someone needs to buy me a harpoon for days like this.
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Initiate

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

My day was nondescript. Actually, more irritating than usual because my shitty school network decided to play fuckwad and prevented me from playing Battlefield 2, then double fucked me and disconnected me from Dungeons & Dragons Online beta. So I've been playing MechCommander. Shit network.
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

I sacrificed several lambs in the name of Cthulhu... and devoured the hearts afterwards. Does that count?
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Dakarne wrote:Does that count?
What kind of question is that? All Adam is asking is what you did on Valentine's Day.
Whatever you did counts.
Mmmm. Lamb.
Nodescript day for me excepting the troll roast, that was fun.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

let's see, i tabled twice, went to class, treated 2 of my friends to icecream came back chattered with the Boi, then dragged my butt out to get diner at the student union with my one friend... then was imed and asked to go out for singles awareness day, to which I had to explain that i'm not single. BUT i wanted to go out too regardless...(yuhp sooooooooooooo) let's see... they took pity on me and let me go out with them for singles awareness day, and said that i need to talk about boys more. To which my reply was, Why? I mean in all seriousness that's sorta pointless since talking about it is like gloating and it's not all that fair and i do like to be fair... now where was i....Ah yes so for singles awareness day we went to Dairy Queen where i ordered a blue razzberry slushie. After that we rushed back to campus where we proceeded to dash to the student union to meet up with our Fraternity Intramural soccer team so that we could go along and cheer them on. I filemed them with my digital camera, which was met with mixed emotions...2 people have asked me to delete the footage already...but that leaves it up to me as a question of ethics so so far i don't know whether i will bend to their wishes or not. First things first i have to watch the files and see what i can salvage, then from that i can proceed to enforce their wishes (which means the files are simply staying hidden in my own personal archive)

I gave away the flowers that i got yesterday to people that could appreciate them more than i could.

I divided the sweets up and shared them with my friends.

i think i celebrated a rather nice HAlloween 2.0 this year don't you?
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ ... rlysig.jpg[/img]
Terminally Flirtatious : Gotham Grrl : Imp-kin : Comm Major : NOT a Blonde : Empyrean Night~Good Friends don't let friends die
"Oh, pipe down! It's not like you've never been bound and gagged before." - Harley Quinn.
zac naloen
Apprentice

Post by zac naloen »

I don't "do" valentines day.

We'll find out if this comes back to bite me in the arse in just over a week next time i see my girlfriend.
Member of the Unremarkables
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

zac naloen wrote:I don't "do" valentines day.

We'll find out if this comes back to bite me in the arse in just over a week next time i see my girlfriend.
It was nice knowing you, Zac. You might want to spend some time with 'little Zac', given there's a chance you'll never see him again...
zac naloen
Apprentice

Post by zac naloen »

Robert Walper wrote:

It was nice knowing you, Zac. You might want to spend some time with 'little Zac', given there's a chance you'll never see him again...
haha, she doesn't do valentines day either and i spoke to her on the phone so its not like she got ignored or anything

:lol:
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

zac naloen wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:

haha, she doesn't do valentines day either and i spoke to her on the phone so its not like she got ignored or anything

Hey, you never said that. You just trailed off about how you did nothing and will wait to see if the inaction bites you in the ass.

How the heck am I supposed to know your girlfriend is...'reasonable'? :wink:
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

The Cleric wrote:Someone needs to buy me a harpoon for days like this.
*adds a harpoon to my Christmas SHopping List*
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

:?: Do I dare ask what for?
zac naloen
Apprentice

Post by zac naloen »

Robert Walper wrote:
zac naloen wrote:
Robert Walper wrote: It was nice knowing you, Zac. You might want to spend some time with 'little Zac', given there's a chance you'll never see him again...

Hey, you never said that. You just trailed off about how you did nothing and will wait to see if the inaction bites you in the ass.

How the heck am I supposed to know your girlfriend is...'reasonable'? :wink:

I've been told horror stories of girls who say things like taht and then get upset.

Silly girls, eh?
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

I got my breaks fixed on my car....

got pissed at my mom....

Watched "Garden State"

Beat up my Little bro

Messed around online

Talked on the phone

Went to bed.
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

I took a test, worked on a group project, did homework that was due today, talked very briefly to DPDP, scammed the dining hall out of a large number of strawberries, and went to bed.

Exciting life of mine, dontcha think?
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Mayabird wrote: Exciting life of mine, dontcha think?
Remember that chinese curse. :wink:
At least you got strawberries out of it.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Shark Bait
Adept
Location: A god forsaken chunk of swamp some ass built a city on!

Post by Shark Bait »

Started my day with an allergy medication drug cocktail, and had vertebrate zoology lab in the morning, I worked with some preserved fishes there. Listened to a bunch of girls whine to me how they hate Valentines Day because they are alone somehow thinking that I actually care. Went to my friend’s room and fell asleep on his couch due to the allergy meds. Woke up when CT called me and then walked to Walgreens with Zack so he could buy some stuff. Then went back to my room and took more stuff for my back, studied for Vertebrate Zoology, then went to my psych class. Came back from psych class played some World of Warcraft and then went to bed.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage "Mythbusters"

"Rule 4: Blades don't need reloading."
-Zombie survival guide

"What is burning people but stabbing them with fire?"
-Frigidmagi
Pcm979
Adept

Post by Pcm979 »

It was entirely, utterly normal.
"Are you trying to give me a spasm?" ~The Necrontyr Messenger
Something Awesome
Initiate

Post by Something Awesome »

I shoveled snow at 6 in the morning, just me and dad, with no help from good-for-nothing brother. Forced said good-for-nothing brother to watch Pulp Fiction. Went to school, disappointed at the lack of calculus test due to shortened classes. Went home. Fell asleep at 7:30-ish.

Just another boring day, just worse.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I uilt my dad a shed attachment to his current shed to put his riding lawn mower under.....
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

Robert Walper wrote:
One of the days of the year that makes me really really irritated.

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

The Cleric wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:
One of the days of the year that makes me really really irritated.
I'll be your alibi... anything to harm the stupids...
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Caz
Master

Post by Caz »

My Valentine's day was mostly me being in bed kind of sicklike.

The day after, however, was super-de-duper to the point of exhaustion.