Can I interest anyone in a Goa'uld/SG1 STGOD?

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

The Necrontyr Messenger
Disciple

#1 Can I interest anyone in a Goa'uld/SG1 STGOD?

Post by The Necrontyr Messenger »

Just reading Ra's posts in the TGOD gave me a rather interesting (IMO) idea for an STGOD. And, as my tenure of GM of the 40K RP on SDN is coming to an end *Raises flail and growls at the players* soon, and I at last have time and energy to spare, I would rather enjoy running a STGOD - here, even (I feel like I've sold my soul!).

Specifically, I was thinking of an alternate-SG1 universe, set after the death of Ra, with player factions being rival system lords and other snakes. Obviously, certain rules would be that
  1. The Asgard, Nox, Ancients, Furlings, Tollan, et al are off limits for players.
  2. You'll get the occasional SG team to hunt down and torment, killing them gets you much pleasure, and the more creative the better.
  3. The initial timeline would be from 1994 to 2001, at which point Anubis appears and begins his predations. While it's not possible to play him, matching his technology would be possible, if appropriately RPed.
  4. The replicators probably won't be a problem.
Anyone interested in an elaboration? (GNight folks)
"Only the Guiding Light of the God-Emperor and Marvin's groinal weapons can save us!" - PCM, 41K RPG
Librium Arcana's Resident Star-God. Now with 50% extra elfyness.
"For him who is pitiless, the deeds of pity are ever strange and beyond reckoning."
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

I must say, you have sparked my interest. Tell me. Will we be forced to use the normal Jaffa? Or can we pull an Apohis and train a unit like the SG teams? Or prehaps, just train our jaffa so they arent complete idiots. I am thinking, a Goa'uld that does not have a God-complex, but instead treats his Jajja like they were more than pawns? Like a more militaristic version of the Tok'Ra.
The Necrontyr Messenger
Disciple

Yes and No.

You'd certainly start with them. Furthermore, they do have distinct in universe advantages. For a start, the more highly you train your soldiers, the more likely they are to become unfaithful to you. Which is of course, a massive problem. Also, the more you move away from the traditional jaffa, the less your human slaves will be impressed with you.

Of course, sending thousands of jaffa to die to have vengance for a minor insult is good form. :lol:

You are of course, welcome to upgrade them in plausible ways, but bear in mind that the jaffa have their advantages when fighting each other and keeping order in the goa'uld domain, even if they suck against modern armies.
"Only the Guiding Light of the God-Emperor and Marvin's groinal weapons can save us!" - PCM, 41K RPG
"For him who is pitiless, the deeds of pity are ever strange and beyond reckoning."
Pcm979
Adept

Post by Pcm979 »

So, is this deadified?
"Are you trying to give me a spasm?" ~The Necrontyr Messenger
The Necrontyr Messenger
Disciple

Until such time as someone else wishes to be a System Lord. It's a bit hard to run an STGOD/RP with one player. :wink:
Pcm979
Adept

Post by Pcm979 »

I choose either Thoth or Sobek.

*Drums fingers*

Anyone else?
"Are you trying to give me a spasm?" ~The Necrontyr Messenger