Bastard teenager kills cat, gets jailed.

N&P: Discussion of news headlines and politics.

Moderator: frigidmagi

Narsil
Lord of Time

#1 Bastard teenager kills cat, gets jailed.

Post by Narsil »

Yahoo
LONDON (Reuters) - A 18-year-old who was part of a teenage gang that repeatedly hurled a cat from a fifth floor balcony and videoed the abuse was jailed on Friday for four months and told he must not own a animal for five years.

Christopher Lees was the oldest of the four Birmingham youngsters who were caught after they sent video footage of incident to their friends, one of which turned them in.

Khalo the cat was filmed as he was flung four times from the 60-foot high balcony and was so badly injured, including suffering brain damage, that he had to be put down by a vet.

"The magistrates were as appalled as we were by this horrendous act of cruelty inflicted on a living creature," said the RSPCA's Rob Hartley.

"The fact that Lees filmed the cruelty is even more disturbing," he said in a statement.

The three other teenagers, who cannot be named because they are too young, will appear before Birmingham Youth Court on August 1 for sentencing. Two have admitted causing cruelty and the third has admitted aiding and abetting the offence.
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

That's Just sick.

Here we have rednecks shooting at cats.

He got what he deserved... Tho he'll do it again I'm sure...
Last edited by Rukia on Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Glad he was caught when he was... before moving on to human beings...and they often do
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

Comrade Tortoise wrote:Glad he was caught when he was... before moving on to human beings...and they often do
True
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Mrs Kendall
Apprentice

Post by Mrs Kendall »

He's not allowed to own a pet for 5 years? He should not be allowed to own a pet for the rest of his life for christ sakes! I hope he get a good amount of jail time for this. IMO he should rot in jail but we all know they won't keep him in jail that long.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Remember that is is technically possible that he'll reform, or at least realize that doing this kind of thing comes with a price he might not be willing to pay again.
While I personally would have no problem with that kind of supposedly human being rotting in jail forever, society can't afford to pay for that, killing them over it is a tad extreme (and would likely be even more expensive if the US example is anything to go by), and let's face it while the deed was despicable the damage it did to society was minimal.
If you can come up with a scheme to punish such people the way they deserve that's actually feasible believe me I'm all ears, Mrs Kendall.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Mrs Kendall
Apprentice

Post by Mrs Kendall »

I'm not saying I've got a better idea, I agree with your post.
Why you pickin' on me? :sad: :razz:
Last edited by Mrs Kendall on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

One of the reasons it's so expensive Bats is the appeal system here.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Because I'm contractually required to do my level best to make people despise me. It's part of being Batman I'm afraid. :???:
On at least two occasions I was perfectly willing to do interesting things to the person(s) who had abducted our cat, with a sledgehammer, had I known who they were.
Valen for the last cat I can concider ours instead of theirs I would have been perfectly willing to do interesting things to God if that had been feasible. I miss that stupid overweight drooling tomcat to this day. :cry:
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

Aww *hugs bats*

Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

Whatever happened to you being my mortal enemy?
That being said thank you very much, Rukia. *hugs back*