If Starfleet was real, would you join?

SF: Not to be confused with SyFy....
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Dark Silver wrote: as long as it wasn't you know...like Voyager.
You just had to mention that didn't you. :???:
Methinks Adam is thinking of implementing the idea of Starfleet rather than the actual in-universe execution leave alone the VOY era one so I guess we're safe from that.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Dark Silver wrote:But yes, I would gladly join Starfleet if it exsisted today, as long as it wasn't you know...like Voyager.
But why? I mean, if it's like Voyager, then you can flirt with the captain, can you? :razz:

Batman wrote:Methinks Adam is thinking of implementing the idea of Starfleet rather than the actual in-universe execution leave alone the VOY era one so I guess we're safe from that.

Anyway, back to the topic, the thing that really concerns me is actually the standards of safety. If the warp core tends to go boom as often as in the series, or if they'll really make me wearing skintight spandex instead of a proper field uniform, then I won't be so much excited to join. But if it is merely implementing the idea instead of in-unverse execution, then count me in.
Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I would join so fast it would make your head spin.

As long as I don't have to wear a skirt or get stuck with Janeway.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

In all fairness the Bi-weekly Exploding Warp Core (TM) was mainly an E-D thing. Starfleet ships took quite a pounding on numerous occasions in DS9 without the core going kablooiee.
As for the uniforms, even in-universe there's the later DS9 era ones which weren't half bad (though I must admit I kinda missed the colour coding).
And I love the TOS movie era uniforms.
Last edited by Batman on Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

The grey field jackets from "The Cage" were decent. Of course, nothing comes close to exceeding the production values of the feature films. And while I love the TOS miniskirt and the cute honies who wear them, I also love the TOS movie era uniforms.
Cpl Kendall
Disciple

Post by Cpl Kendall »

I would join in a heartbeat although I would also prefer the Federation Marines so I can reprise my groundpounder roots. Failing that I would try and join as security or a comms officer.
Knife
Apprentice

Post by Knife »

Sure, but in TOS verse if I can. They had better looking women.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
--John Stuart Mill
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Hmmm, I don't know. I'm not terribly fond of the people in charge of Starfleet, and if push came to shove, I might support the Marquis.

I'm sorry, what's that, Federation? You WON a war, and you gave up your own people to the Cardassians as part of the peace agreement? Congratulations, you're a bunch of fucking idiots and traitors to your own people. Rot in hell.

Maybe ToS era though. So long as I don't have a red shirt.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

I again point to the op saying If Starfleet existed today! Not if you were in TNG or something.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

Tangent split.