An *effective* vaccine for HIV?

S&L: Discussion of matters pertaining to theoretical and applied sciences, and logical thought.

Moderator: Charon

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

#1 An *effective* vaccine for HIV?

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Well, I'm talking about this news
asahi.com wrote: New drug blocks HIV from entering cells

07/07/2005
The Asahi Shimbun

A durable new drug that prevents HIV from entering human cells and causes almost no side effects has been developed by a team of researchers at Kumamoto University.

The new drug, code named AK602, was reported by the research team's leader, Hiroaki Mitsuya, at the International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific in Kobe on Tuesday.

The drug's main feature is that it shuts out the AIDS virus at the point when it tries to intrude into a human cell.

Current AIDS medicines can lose their effectiveness in a few days when the virus changes and develops a resistance to those drugs. But AK602 is different because it reacts to human cells instead of attacking the virus, Mitsuya said.

He said the drug sticks to a protein called CCR5 that acts as an entrance into human cells for the AIDS virus. When the new drug becomes attached to the protein, it can prevent HIV from entering, and thus stop the virus from spreading.

The researchers conducted clinical tests on 40 AIDS patients in the United States.

AK602 not only proved effective against viruses that had become resistant to other drugs, but it also caused almost no side effects, the team said.(IHT/Asahi: July 7,2005)

If the damn thing's really effective, I hope it'll be accessible by the masses instead of being marketed with extorting price by some pharmateucal industry corporate vampires.
Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Can you say..Mint?
This is a cash factory for anyone who picks this up, I highly doubt the Uni will manege to hold on to the greatest invention of the 00' decade...IF this pans out.
Expect 18 years of testing.
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy
The twin cub, the Cyborg dolphin wolf.

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

only 18 years? It will take more than that methinks
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Ummm

Do people realize there already is a patent cure for aids? The United States patented the cure for AIDS in 1997 and that patent number is 5676977. Go to Google and type in U S Patent and that number and the information will come up. Go do research at the library and look into the world catalogue data base and put in 'Special Virus Cancer Program'.

Of course there's also talk that there's been reseach on HIV and AIDS since 1971 by the US government. *shrugs* Wouldn't surprise me. There's been talk that it was a man made virus for years.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Of course there's also talk that there's been reseach on HIV and AIDS since 1971 by the US government. *shrugs* Wouldn't surprise me. There's been talk that it was a man made virus for years.
There's also talk that 911 was faked, the moon landings staged and little green men rule the world.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

B4/Nitram dispute moved to Down Below.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

As Nitram said... we dont have the technology even now to make HIV from scratch like they would hav e had to have done in the 1970s. And just because something is patented, doesnt mean it works
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Unfortunatly, while I've seen claims of people who have claimed to have had HIV/AIDS and taken the cure, without access to their medical records I can't provide enough evidence in this case of its working/not working status to matter. So I'll stand down on that point as well.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

B4UTRUST wrote:Unfortunatly, while I've seen claims of people who have claimed to have had HIV/AIDS and taken the cure, without access to their medical records I can't provide enough evidence in this case of its working/not working status to matter. So I'll stand down on that point as well.
Cool. Make it policy to never take claims like that at face value. People also claim to have seen the chupacabra or to have been abducted and anally probed by aliens.

I would be interested in seeing how this cure supposedly works
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

US Patent 5,676,977
Method of curing AIDS with tetrasilver tetroxide molecular crystal devices

Abstract

The diamagnetic semiconducting molecular crystal tetrasilver tetroxide (Ag.sub.4 O.sub.4) is utilized for destroying the AIDS virus, destroying AIDS synergistic pathogens and immunity suppressing moieties (ISM) in humans. A single intravenous injection of the devices is all that is required for efficacy at levels of about 40 PPM of human blood. The device molecular crystal contains two mono and two trivalent silver ions capable of "firing" electrons capable of electrocuting the AIDS virus, pathogens and ISM. When administered into the bloodstream, the device electrons will be triggered by pathogens, a proliferating virus and ISM, and when fired will simultaneously trigger a redox chelation mechanism resulting in divalent silver moieties which chelate and bind active sites of the entities destroying them. The devices are completely non-toxic. However, they put stress on the liver causing hepatomegaly, but there is no loss of liver function.
that's from the official us patent site on how it's supposedly done, link included. I don't have a degree in advanced biochemistry so I don't know wtf it's really talking about.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

B4UTRUST wrote:US Patent 5,676,977
Method of curing AIDS with tetrasilver tetroxide molecular crystal devices

Abstract

The diamagnetic semiconducting molecular crystal tetrasilver tetroxide (Ag.sub.4 O.sub.4) is utilized for destroying the AIDS virus, destroying AIDS synergistic pathogens and immunity suppressing moieties (ISM) in humans. A single intravenous injection of the devices is all that is required for efficacy at levels of about 40 PPM of human blood. The device molecular crystal contains two mono and two trivalent silver ions capable of "firing" electrons capable of electrocuting the AIDS virus, pathogens and ISM. When administered into the bloodstream, the device electrons will be triggered by pathogens, a proliferating virus and ISM, and when fired will simultaneously trigger a redox chelation mechanism resulting in divalent silver moieties which chelate and bind active sites of the entities destroying them. The devices are completely non-toxic. However, they put stress on the liver causing hepatomegaly, but there is no loss of liver function.
that's from the official us patent site on how it's supposedly done, link included. I don't have a degree in advanced biochemistry so I don't know wtf it's really talking about.
Nanotechnological devices to hunt down and deep-fry the virus with electrical current. It doesn't explain how it will hunt down the HIV, it doesn't talk about how it will have any control, just that he wants to inject semiconducting machines into the bloodstream and they'll electrocute the virus.

File it next to the time machine and the cold fusor.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.