Anybody up for an FSTGOD?

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I would like to be a regional power with a free 3pt witchking (yeah, its an exception to the rules, that's why I'm asking).
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Dear lord I pity the fool who invades up north. Not only are the Rockies the highest and coldest mountains on the continent, but now they're all in the north?

That's a land army's worst nightmare right there, even with mage support.

By the way, I have some concepts for NPCs I'd like to pitch at the mods. Sekritz. Shhz. :wink:
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Remember the equator's closer so it isn't quite as bad.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

The Ilithian Empire, Beloved of Chemosh

Symbol: A red coba's hood with a white skull face, on a black field

Exports: Glass, Herbs, Weapons, Various minor Magical Items, Spices, metalwork, shipbuilding, exotic fruits
Imports: Slaves, exotic lumbers, wine, spices, slaves for food purposes.

Government: Totalitarian Obliarchy, the Ilithian Empire is ruled by five of the strongest Necromancers on the world, known as the Heads of the Hydra. The Heads of the Hydra are lead by by a Mage-King, the supreme magical power of the Empire, who bears the title Lord of Demise

People: Tall (approximatly 2 meters in height), bipedal with flesh in the tones of grey, brown and green. Flesh is naturally scaled, as they are descended from reptiles. They are seperated into Breeds, each bearing great resemblence to various reptilian species. From the Komodo Dragon like Nag'ha-Tkan Warriors, to the King Cobra like Trac'ret-Mol.

The Ilithian Breed's are all carnivorous, and are adapted well for a variety of environs, though they still retain the cold blooded aspect as their reptilian ancestors. They are rarely seen above the Mid-Temperate Zones, and rarely, if ever in the mountains.

Breeds of Ilithian:
Trac'ret-Mol
The Royal Breed, they bear striking resemblence to king Cobra's, from the head hoods, to the elongated fangs. This is the most magically capable of the breeds, being incredibly intellegent and fluid in movements.

Nag'ha-Tkan
The Warrior breed, heavily muscled, large of body, with especially thick scales. These Snake-men bear resemblence to various lizard breeds, including the komodo dragon, the monitor lizard, the chinese water dragon, and the chemealon. Various breeds of alligator-descended are apart of this group.

Tying'Rta-Kohb
The Worker Breed, more supply of body, not as heavy scaled at thier breathern, or magically inclined as thier royal breed. They are still intellegent, but have not much in the way of higher aspirations beyond worship of thier God and living.

Terrain: The Snake's Den, as the island is most commonly known, is a large island found in the Northern portion of the Ske'tek Ocean. It is a temperate island, covered by vast forests, and long strips of beaches. Several parts of the coastline become treacherous cliffs. The island is home to the Ilithian Capital, built around the magical fortress of Gret-ngu, as well as several outlying villages.

While thier territory once streched the bulk of the southern mainland, the snakemen now only possess a relatively small patch of mainland. The land they still control is verdant plainsland, with lush temperate forests, a jewel of natural beauty in the region. It is one of the wonders that such a violent, warlike, and death obssessed race as the Ilthian's control it.

Military: The Nag'ha-Tkan make up all of the Ilithian Empire's military forces. Born and breed for fighting prowess, there are fewer more savage foes on the battlefield. Nag'ha-tkan armies are often reinforced by small contingents of Tying'Rta-Khob civilians who act as caretakers, and several Trac'ret-Mol who lead them.

The Ilithian's also bolster thier armies with the dead. Corpses raised from previous battlefields, undead abominations are common sight amoungst the snake-men legion.

History:
We once were weak, we slithered on our bellies, crawled upon the ground and in the trees. Then our God came upon us, he saw upon us what may be, and he raised us to power. He taught us the means of magick, gave us power over the dead, then gave us power over the World. We ruled for centuries, before the hated Nithgaard crossed us. The Wars lasted for decades, till we struck accord. We kept the warmth, they obtained the cold.

We ruled over our Empire, feasted upon the cattle which roamed, made them out slaves, feasted upon thier flesh, and raised thier corpses in our God's name. Then a Usurper God came forth, invoked rebellion against He who empowered us, took our slaves from us, took the cattle from the pens. The cattle works against us, we shall have them again...

Religion: The Ilithian Empire worship the God of Death, known as Chemosh. The snake-men's power of Necromancy stem from his teachings and thier faith in him. Recently two new gods, Lin'kn and Pi'ark have begun to be worshipped within the Nag'ha-tkan, the God and Goddess of Might and Destruction, followers of Chemosh himself.

Ilithian Empire OOB: coming soon
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Cynical Cat wrote:Remember the equator's closer so it isn't quite as bad.
Not quite as bad. But still gonna be hell to get over those mountains.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Cynical Cat wrote:I would like to be a regional power with a free 3pt witchking (yeah, its an exception to the rules, that's why I'm asking).
Well tell me why and I may. And if you'd prefer to keep it a secret, PM's or AIM are open.

Hotfoot, any ideas for NPC's are always welcome.
Last edited by Charon on Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

Not free, but I'm willing to let you put three points into the one character with justification. You partially gave that to me last night, but sadly I didn't save the conversation.

Anyway, I'll be putting up the Order of Battle thread pretty soon.
Last edited by Rogue 9 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Charon wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:Remember the equator's closer so it isn't quite as bad.
Not quite as bad. But still gonna be hell to get over those mountains.
Not for the bears... And going north of the temperate zone will be impossible for me.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

mmmm....froggie people will make good appetizers for the Cattle...
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Masterharper
Apprentice

Post by Masterharper »

Dark Silver wrote:mmmm....froggie people will make good appetizers for the Cattle...
Froggie people make good appetizers period.
Unless they're toxic. Then they make good hallucinogens for your shamans to get their vision on.
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

I would like a major power level.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

DS wrote:We once were weak, we slithered on our bellies, crawled upon the ground and in the trees. Then our God came upon us, he saw upon us what may be, and he raised us to power. He taught us the means of magick, gave us power over the dead, then gave us power over the World. We ruled for centuries, before the hated Nithgaard crossed us.
:twisted: I just loved seeing that, it made me laugh.
Religion: The Ilithian Empire worship the God of Death, known as Chemosh. The snake-men's power of Necromancy stem from his teachings and thier faith in him. Recently two new gods, Lin'kn and Pi'ark have begun to be worshipped within the Nag'ha-tkan, the God and Goddess of Might and Destruction, followers of Chemosh himself.
:shock: You did NOT just name your god/dess Linkin Park, did you? :lol: :lol:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

CRAAAAAAWLING IIIIIINNN MY SKIIIIIIN!!!!! :razz:
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

*Plays Hard Rock Halellujah* We will crush you!
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

*Joins in with "Blood Red Sandman*
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

It's thier battlechant you know....

"Crawling in our sssssssssssssskin. Thessssssssssse woundsssssss they will not heal."

It sends a mighty wave of fear over our enemies....
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Yeah I got a battle chant for ya.

Click me if you're not scared!

:twisted:
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I distinctly hear them saying the word 'antichrist" when referring to Lordi in that video Frigid...

not all that bad really, I rather enjoyed, rather KISS-ish.
Last edited by Dark Silver on Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

I got a battle chant you can play bagpipes to.

Close your mind to stress and pain
Fight ‘til you’re no longer sane
Let not one damn cur pass by
How many of them can we make die?

Guard your women and children well
Send these bastards back to Hell
We’ll teach them the ways of war
And they won’t come here anymore
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

I prefer this one, myself. :twisted: Or in a gentler mood, this.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Gents I think it's time for an OOB thread don't you?
Masterharper
Apprentice

Post by Masterharper »

Well everybody needs to be assigned their power level first, don't they, or am I missing something? I know Rogue said he was still working on his when I talked to him today, but that it wouldn't be long.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

The point system was 'preliminary', but what's the final system? There aren't any points for magic users, myth units, and other miscellaneous features.
Lia
Acolyte

#149 Ehk'reh'tehk

Post by Lia »

Ehk'reh'tehk

Location: Western peninsula near the equator (read: Ex-florida)

Symbol: A golden sun against a field of green, with the sillouette of a tree in the middle.

Main Races:
*The Gar'lar'andh, or Gar, a medium sized plant type hominid, control the country. These have a strong affinity to the land, and many walk the paths of the druid or shaman. They are, however, weak and unable to speak in Common due to their structures.
*The Ha'Galn, a huge sized plant type hominid. Rarer than the Gar, they consider their smaller, weaker brethern children of a type, and defend them.
*The T'eseh, a group of elves who serve the Gar. These handle communications between the Gar and other races.

Towns and Cities:
The Ever-Lit Citidels These four cities are the main centers of commerce in Ehk'reh'tehk, and the only places outsiders are allowed. Each is named after an important figure in Gar history, who purportedly lives there. All are kept alight at all hours, and are elevated above the land itself. They have an appearance of having sprung into existance from the earth of their own accord.

*Meren: Located on the far western shore, at the tip of the peninsula, this is a city wholly devoted to commerce. Products offered here include: Dyes, pearls, products of the sea, perfumes, herbs, and poisons.

*Esunn: Located to the northeast of Meren, this is the religious center of the land, and dwelling place of the purported First of the Gar. Shamans of the more tribal Gar societies travel to these to train and share information. Products offered here: Magical items. Especially those aiding plant growth, repelling insects, warding against plant diseases, and protecting against fire damage.

*Seluni: Near the Western border, this is the religious center of the cult of lunar devotees. It is also where those interested in wizardry and knowledge go. Many study under Seluni itself, the most famed wizard among the Gar. Trade in this land is almost entirely centered around information.

*Nehar: Trade city on the Western border. Features goods shipped across the country. Minus the seafood, it's all you could get in Meren.

Religion: The Gar venerate the Sun as the great Polinator, and the Earth as the great Root from which all things spring. Light is considered a blessing and ward against harm as well as a source of nourishment.

A small subgroup of Gar venerate the Moon as well, considering it a risen sage incapable of breeding. These tend to follow a more wizardly route than the others.

The T'eseh elves who dwell among the Gar venerate the earth-mother Nesuiiaree.

Government: The bulk of society lives in tribal family groups led by shaman, who answer to Esunn. Those who choose study above simple survival answer to Seluni, Meren, or Nehar, and live in a more village-like arrangement. However, the villages still appoint shamans or more magically inclined peoples as their leaders.

Matters that can be settled simply remain in the tribe/village. Matters that can affect a region go to one of the four. Matters that can affect all the Gar are taken to Esunn by the other three, and decided on. Trade is controlled by the controllers of individual cities.

Prominent Figures:

Esunn: The First of the Gar'lar'andh, or considered such. Esunn is hermaphrodic, and tends to choose two T'eseh to speak for it, one male and one female (Referred to as the Ry'Esunn and the Nei'Esunn, respectively). If the Gar admitted to a king or ruler, this would be the one they spoke of as such. Ancient beyond the records of the Gar people, Esunn is considered to be possessed of great wisdom and is consulted in all matters that affect the land itself. It is also a powerful shaman with great sway over plants and plant creatures.

Meren: One of the most ancient of the offspring of Esunn, this Gar was among the first to propose trade with Outsiders. Three T'eseh speak for it, all of whom take titles that are a play on the name: Na'Meren, Lu'Meren, and the Sei'Meren. Meren is a powerful druid with great sway over the waters. It advocates exploration, something rare among such land-bound people.

Seluni: Another elder offspring of Esunn, this Gar is an exception among those unable to breed (referred to as the Seedless). Seluni is possessed of high intelegence, and seeks to further the advance of knowledge among the Gar. Unlike many of the people of this land, it seeks to forge links between the intellectual circles of its' people and Outsiders. One T'eseh speaks for Seluni, always a woman, and always a descendant of T'eseh herself, the elf from whom the others who dwell in Ehk'reh'tehk take their name.

Nehar: The youngest of the four, Nehar is an offspring of Meren. A powerful druid with great sway over animals, Nehar seeks to discover as much about the world beyond the marshlands of Ehk'reh'tehk as possible. It has also realized much more about the power of funds than the others, and seeks to establish an actual trade network beyond the borders of Ehk'reh'tehk. Nehar is spoken for by no fewer than five T'eseh, always chosen for their intelegence, charisma, and eloquence.

Culture: Shamanistic elders tend to lead. A great focus on the land and nature is displayed, and plants are held in high regard. Fire itself is often regarded with suspicion, though it will be used. It is viewed almost as a kind of demon, personified in song and story as a beast seeking escape that must be warded. Young nearing their first flowering are given the sacred duty of caring for the fires used. Death is viewed as a returning to the earth, where the deceased will nourish the next generation. It is believed that some are reborn through themselves, their offspring being merely a renewing of the same flesh. These people are omnivores, necessiting food intake along with photosynthsis to maintain themselves. Hunting is as much a part of life as study, song, meditation in the presence of the Sun, and caring for the land. Music is sacred, considered a vocalization of Life itself. Most Gar never leave their land, which they need to breed.
One in four offspring are of the Seedless variety: Infertile, possessed of greater natural armor, and stronger than the others. These are also lower in intelegence. The Seedless are usually trained in the ways of militant arts, and swear their lives to protect the others.

Military:
The main forces of the Gar are lesser plant-creatures, led in battle by a legion of Seedless, a few Ha'Galn, and those shaman and druids who have devoted their lives to keeping the breeding-grounds of their people safe.

Though the Gar are gifted in the construction of watercraft, it is rare that they take their boats beyond the boundaries of their land. So, though they have the capability, they have no real naval power at this point.

A small number of highly powerful wizards trained by Seluni are kept back for the greatest threats to the lands.

Nehar and Meren employ mercenaries to enforce the rules of the Trade Cities at the furthest borders.

Population:
Gar- about 180,000
T'eseh elves- About 46,000
Ha'Galn- about 7,000

History: The history given by the Gar themselves is simple, and wound about their religion. They claim that Esunn is the First of the Gar is the great ancestor to the rest. Theirs is more a history of defense, survival, and song more than victories.

(Will expand/improve later. Mostly posting to prove I still live.)
Last edited by Lia on Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Stofsk wrote:The point system was 'preliminary', but what's the final system? There aren't any points for magic users, myth units, and other miscellaneous features.
Nope, that's the final system. The points you get are the points you use for everything. Spy networks, religious influence, mythical beasts, mages, all that fun stuff. However, we can't exactly put exact rules to these sorts of things. There's only so much you can do with different infantry units, arm them differently, give them different armor. When it comes to magic, or mythical beasts, the sky's the limit. As such, instead of limiting the players severely, we leave this kind of stuff to you guys. Make some stuff up, and if you've done something wrong, we'll let you know.