Anybody up for an FSTGOD?

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Vicona (City-State on Vancouver Island)

Militia

2000 medium infantry 2pts
1000 crossbowmen 2pts

Marines

2000 medium infantry 2pts
1000 crossbowmen 2pts

Artillery 10 anti air ballistas 3pts

Navy
20 heavy warships 3pts
10 light warships 1pt

Total= 15pts

Viconia was settled by one of the migrating Wulthen tribes that would eventually form the Confederacy of Dusk. They settled on a lush island almost entirely bereft of the dark and sinister magic of the Forest of the Night. They cleared trees, farmed, and built ships. They raided and traded as far as they could reach as their chieftains became lords and magnates. As their distant kin built towns and settled the forest, Vicona became a mighty sea faring city. By the might of her ships she demanded that all local trade go through her ports and with the hazards of the overland routes this meant much of wealth of trade stuck to the hands of her magnates. The city grew rich and arrogant.

Then came Malevan and his taming of the land. Although not without peril, the overland route grew safer and the guardians of the land stronger. Even the mighty Night Dragon was bound to his cause and the greatest of heroes now wore mail coats that were bathed in nightgaunt blood and passed through sorcerous flames over leathers of treated mordant panther hide. Not only were there witches learning the magic of the forest, but new bright and terrible sorcerers who were instructed in their ways by the Witch-King himself.

Malevan sent envoys offering membership to the Confederacy to Viconia and they were rejected. He demanded that Viconia's control over the sea trade cease, that foreign trade could occur directly in her ports and that they could send out trading vessels without harrassment. The Viconians refused. War came, brief, bright and brutal. The Witch-King went to war with a few vessels, his sorcerers, and the Azzerekess.

Suns fell from the sky. Lashes of light tore through wood and flesh. Phantom dragonheads disgorged torrents of all consuming fire. Stars fell from night black wings and burned through flesh, wood, and steel. Initiate Nadia Szerikos proved herself to be more than strong and knowledgable enough to be a sorcerer of rank. The Viconians died and their ships burned.

The Viconians had no choice but to desist from their control of trade, although they rebuffed all offers to join the Confederacy. For ordinary men life did not much change, although the great magnates had lost part of their wealth. Relations are tense, with many in the Confederacy suspecting the Viconian magnates being behind several acts of piracy that have targeted Confederacy ships. The Viconians vigorously refute such charges, but more and more in the Confederacy believe that it is time for Malevan to deal with the Viconians in harsh and final manner.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

LadyTevar wrote: Umm... It's sideways for a REASON, Fain.
Why don't you go back to the start of this thread and READ WHAT'S GOING ON before you join in, ok?
Pardon me, I did read this thread in it's entirety, and I saw the map's first posting on the second page, and I saw the concern over using North America or Europe. I was thrown off by Frigid, who seems to be placing his compass rose on the map as if it was not sideways. Note that my first post placed my nation to the WEST of the Great Lakes (between them and the nation around New Orleans,) not to the "South".

So, if you don't mind, please calm down, and don't be so damn quick to point fingers. This is *not* my first STGOD, thank you very much.

-edit-

Oh, and sorry, Frigid, but I'd prefer nice, close neighbors over boring empty frontiers. It's *so* much more interesting that way, don't you think?
Last edited by Thirdfain on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Winter is Coming"
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

You have the right to put yourself wherever, but I will point out that the Northern regions are extremely lonely at the moment, and I don't want Harper or Cat losing out because of where they picked, and I'd also point out that you'll have two very large and likely very hostile nations next to you, though I'm certain that only encourages you. :wink:

I'll work on setting you up in the South? I assume just kinda fit you in there without moving that one tiny NPC state? In any case what waterfront do you want and will there be any borders touching?
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

Charon wrote:
I'll work on setting you up in the South? I assume just kinda fit you in there without moving that one tiny NPC state? In any case what waterfront do you want and will there be any borders touching?
I figure that that NPC city would make a perfect capital, actually, but if you are dead-set on leaving it there, I'd have the peninsula on which the NPC state sits, with territory around the edge of the lake to the North up to the border of the big red guy, and territory westward to the border of the dark green fella. I would not, however, have a border with the NPC nation to the south.

-edit- Oh, and poh on you! my borders are both regular old Regional Powers. Not huge, aggressive neighbors!
Last edited by Thirdfain on Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Winter is Coming"
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Ah. You're going into the Great lake region. For some reason I thought you were going for the Lousiana area. My bad. Stofsk had some plans for that city, but I can simply make a new one nearby, or you guys can work together on some things.

And yes, you have borders with one grand power (green guy) and are really close to an even bigger power. :razz:
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

Charon wrote:
And yes, you have borders with one grand power (green guy) and are really close to an even bigger power. :razz:
Oh, it seems Frigid *did* win that Grand Power slot.

Ah, well! Big neighbors, big opportunities!
"Winter is Coming"
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

Perfect. Exactly what I had in mind...
"Winter is Coming"
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

sweet.....I have a upstairs neighbor to snack on...
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Dark Silver wrote:sweet.....I have a upstairs neighbor to snack on...
Good, then you can leave the amphibians alone
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

One does not snack on Thirdfain so much as one wrestles with a rabid polar bear who has convinced you to leave your shotgun at home.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Hotfoot wrote:
One does not snack on Thirdfain so much as one wrestles with a rabid polar bear who has convinced you to leave your shotgun at home.
Yeah... pretty much. There are three rules for STGODing with thirdfain

1) Never Trust Thirdfain
2) Put NOTHING past thirdfain
3) Stab thirdfain in the back before he stabs you

Tips: Thirdfain WILL have spies in your nation and will foment rebellion in any territory you conquer. DOnt bother trying to prove it in game to others. There is no UN to protect him. Just invade and get it over with before he saps your resources and builds a secret alliance against you

Dont worry thirdfain, we love you, you make the game interesting
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Ben, think more pre posting.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

What? it is true. And it makes the game interesting. He apparantly is just as sneaky in real life board games. Which is why we love him
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Yes... keep worrying about Thirdfain. Good, good.

*laughs maniacally*
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Who hasn't posted an OOB?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

frigidmagi wrote:Who hasn't posted an OOB?
Me. Workload + D&D weekend coming have delayed it.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Me. College is my excuse.
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"There are more nations!"

*gets ridden down by King Saubon*

That joke aside:

Halls of the Jagged Peaks (Dwarves in the Rockies)
Imports: Silk, fruit, delicacies,
Exports: Fine steel, weapons, armour, jewelry

10,000 heavy infantry 15points
3,000 crossbowmen 6points
2,000 Long beards (crack heavy infantry) 4points
1,000 Medium cavalry missle troops (ponies) 4points

10 light trebuchets 2points
10 anti-air ballistas 3points

King Thrain Ironbeard and Kingsguard (500 heavy infantry) 2points
Runewarden Fili Goldhands (mage hero using rune tablests) 1point

Long have the People of Stone dwelled in the Jagged Peaks. Their mines have delved deep and their halls have grown. The unforgiving mountains do not invite visitors and that suites the People just fine. Their wealth generates envy and they defend what is theirs fiercely. The elves and frogmen to the south are considered with great suspicion. Trade exists with the men of the north, hard working and hardy folk who are less strange to the People's eyes than the fey creatures of the south. While not trusted, they and their alien Witch-King have dealt honourably with the People and so are treated with appropriate respect. They have similar, limited trading contact with other groups of men.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Charon wrote:Yes... keep worrying about Thirdfain. Good, good.

*laughs maniacally*
Oh dont worry, I know you well enough that I will worry about you as well, you evil bastard
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

Masterharper
Apprentice

Post by Masterharper »

frigidmagi wrote:Who hasn't posted an OOB?
user Lia hasn't, but hers is done. It's just a matter of me coaxing her computer to actually turn on (tittering on the brink of total hardware failure). and stay on long enough for me to recover that one file (everything else is backed up!) and let her post it.
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

Comrade Tortoise wrote:What? it is true. And it makes the game interesting. He apparantly is just as sneaky in real life board games. Which is why we love him
Sneaky? No, sir, I am not sneaky! I am a pillar of justice, a veritable jesus in a red tweed suit. I lie rarely and speak the truth like it's going out of style.

Besides, I treat my allies VERY well and my enemies VERY poorly. Sounds like a good deal to me!
"Winter is Coming"
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

Harper, any luck with Lia's OOB? I'm going to need to start the game soon; I'd hate to get everybody all raring to go and then not start it until they all lose interest.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

City States of Lars Port and Lorloth's Bay

Both of these city states are walled port cities outside the borders of Hyliadaeus. Populated by a mix of Hylidaeians and Kainan, they have maintained their independance from both states and both state religions. They have both rejected the teachings of the Holy Church of Dahhok. Lars port is ruled by an inherited aristocracy, while Lorloth's Bay is ruled by an elected mayor and guild council.

Lars Port Military: 15 total points
4000 medium infantry (polearms and scale mail primarily): 8 pts
2000 crossbowmen:4 pts
1 pts: 5 medium ballistae
1 pt: 10 light ballistae
2 pts: 20 light warships

Lorloth's Bay Military: 15 total points
4000 medium infantry (polearms and scale mail primarily): 8 pts
2000 crossbowmen:4 pts
1 pts: 5 medium ballistae
1 pt: 10 light ballistae
2 pts: 20 light warships
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

Lia
Acolyte

Post by Lia »

Computer died.
I am here, and will post my OOB as soon as it's done. Hopefully in the next hour or so.