Anybody up for an FSTGOD?

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

LadyTevar wrote:My point, since you're not getting it, is this CT.

I wanted to call the big gulf there the 'Inland Sea'.

You stated that the Freshwater Lakes in your territory were the Inland Seas... which they can't be, because they're FreshWater. I protested.

Nitram, reading this over my shoulder, made the joke that "only Frogs wouldn't get that"... refering to the British slang where Frogs = French, and thus comparing you to the British ideal that all French are idiots as well as playing on the fact your people are all treefrogs.

NOW do you get it? Or is that explaination also over your head?
Um, I never said anything to that effect. I think you are on crack. So unless you have found a post I dont remember making, and I have gone through my posts, then I think you owe me an apology.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

GM order now.

Both sides of this are to back the fuck off and at the very least take this somewhere else. This thread isn't for your retarded arguments over stupid jokes so get the fuck out.

Now.
Last edited by Charon on Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

LadyTevar: in case you missed it I have posted reaching your shores fairly recently. If you haven't gotten around to it yet that's perfectly fine.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Ra wrote:Indeed. I might have it to where all of the gray elves take on new names, including Thiniell. As for the curse, I think I'll add a part about that in my post, since it works great as well.
If Lia will agree, I was thinking of refering to the Gar as elves/druids who decided to stay behind with their friends when the Nithgaard retreated north away from the Ilthids. No curse, nothing but the Gar being closer to nature and the plants and not wishing to leave them 'helpless'.
Last edited by LadyTevar on Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

I intend on calling the Great Lakes the "Sweetwater Sea." If those other folks with access to said body of water would disagree, well, that's no biggie.

Hmmm, I think I might need to send an envoy to ol' Frigid....
"Winter is Coming"
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

I added a map to my OOB Entry, so everyone has a general idea of where everything is. :razz:
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

I am waiting on a response from Rogue... cant really do much else until Stofsks envoy arrives either
Last edited by Comrade Tortoise on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

The Silence and I wrote:LadyTevar: in case you missed it I have posted reaching your shores fairly recently. If you haven't gotten around to it yet that's perfectly fine.
I totally missed it :(

Give me a moment to see where you posted. Did you come from the Gulf (thus into Abhainglas) or from the channel isles?

The Silence and I
Disciple

LadyTevar wrote:
The Silence and I wrote:LadyTevar: in case you missed it I have posted reaching your shores fairly recently. If you haven't gotten around to it yet that's perfectly fine.

Give me a moment to see where you posted. Did you come from the Gulf (thus into Abhainglas) or from the channel isles?
I came from the Eastern channel into Heronter. It is on page three, third from the bottom. Recent activity quickly buried it, it is easy to see how it was missed.
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

Thanapolitics
Government and Society in High Korlech

The Sublime State
The multitude of duchies and hercegas which make up High Korlech are administered by the Sublime State- based in the city of Korlech itself, it is a functional republic in which the Lords Embalmed elect leaders, ministers, and other functionaries. The Kiralyi (King) is the highest rank, elected on a centenial basis by the quorom of Lords Embalmed and endowed with executive power.

The Throne

The current ruler of High Korlech is Kiralyi Andras III Gar Szalasi, who is in the 24th year of his reign. He is the master of the State Armies (the honveds,) holder of power over the miniszterium, and the highest authority in the Circle of Five, the state's official priesthood. However, he must aquire the assent of the nobles, through the Orszaggyules (Quorom) to appoint new leaders in the miniszterium. His rule will last one century until a new kiralyi is elected by the Quorom.

The Orszaggyules
(The Quorom)

The Lords Embalmed, the wealthiest and most powerful of the thanati, meet in the Quorom to discuss issues of importance. The day-to-day running of High Korlech is not in the hands of this body, which meets only once every couple of years- it's primary functions are to elect a new kiralyi in the event of the fulldeath of the current ruler or to make sweeping changes in the legal system- the power of the Quorom has waxed and waned over the centuries, sometimes acting as the preponderant authorities, other times, being wholly subservient to the throne. Currently, the Quorom is required by law to meet every five years. Also, a small quorom containing at least half of the eligible nobles must be called to ratify the royal appointment of ministers over the various Minisztirium.

The Minisztirium

There are five orders of the Miniszterium:
The State Honved, which is the organized army of Immortals which represents the bulk of Korlech's power. It's leaders are appointed by the king, and are usually but not always nobles.
The Seats of Power, which are charged with ensuring that the nobles follow the writ of the State- they ensure that hercegal highways are maintained, that State law is implemented in the demesnes of nobles, and that border-posts and fortresses are maintained.
The Embassy to Barbarians, which is charged with organizing embassies and keeping tabs on the surrounding nations.
The Five Orders, which are the State priestly organizations, charged with maintaining the Korlechi religion and dealing with issues related to magic.
The Magistry, which organizes the courts and deals with criminal jsutice. The Magistrates control the gendarmes which keep the peace, while implementing the strict laws which maintain the caste system and keep the peace.

The Castes
The Lords Embalmed At the highest level of Korlechi society sit the Lords Embalmed. They are thanati, intelligent undead snuffed and raised in the great noble families. The ranks of the Lords Embalmed include hercega (dukes,)(counts,) and (barons), as well as the wealthiest merchants. The highest officers and administrators of the Sublime State are appointed from this class. They are immortal, though many elect to "pass on" after a few centuries. The oldest have existed for millenia, still as perfectly preserved as the day the life was gently pushed from their bodies. It should be noted that the noble families are not by blood- A Lord or Lady chooses new neonates, usually from the ranks of thanati in their service. Their lineages are traced through this system of patronage. The proper form of address for a Lord Embalmed is "deadlord," for a woman, "deadlady."
The Thanati "Thanati" refer to the sentient raised, but most are not members of the noble class. Consisting of former livemen who earned or bought promotion, the sons and daughters of wealthy thanati concieved before snuffing, retainers and officers in the service of the Lords Embalmed and, perhaps most importantly, the members of the State Army, the Immortals. The proper form of address for a thanati is "deadman" or "deadwoman."
The Livemen The free living make up about 20% of Korlech's population. They do the jobs too sensitive for animated but not prestigious enough for the attention of the thanati, acting as everything from auxiliaries in the retinues of deadlords to clerks to gendarmes. The proper form of address for a free breather is "Liveman" or "livewoman."
The Breeders While the ranks of the Lords Embalmed are replenished by merit, the average deadman will usually have a small cadre of living blood relatives, some concieved before snuffing, others by still-breathing relatives. This class of breathing young people live entirely within the household of the thanati, existing only to propagate the bloodline, eventually being released into the free live caste, or even being snuffed themselves. There is no proper form of address for a breeder, as they are not considered citizens seperate from their patriarch or matriarch. Many serve as personal servants or even as "pets."
The Animated The semisentient undead make up the majority of Korlech's population. They are raised en masse in farms, and are snuffed as soon as the bodies are useful and animated. They rot slowly but surely, and work ceaselessly and without complaint. By tradition, their mouths are sewn shut.
The Abdead Vampir, Ghuls, and Trow- the semi-undead, beasts of the night, are seen largely as vermin. Vampir are the only sentient members of this class, and are seen as hopeless addicts, sad victims of heliophobia haemophilia. They may live in peace, but are fed only by the kindess of others- Typically, if the drained corpse of a liveman or breeder is found, the gendarmes will search for the specific killer through thaumaturgic means. In practice, however, the response is usually a simple purge of all the local abdead. This leads to a self-policing society for the vampir, who tend to make sure that any who have a predilection for taking what must be given freely never again see the dark of night.
Last edited by Thirdfain on Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Winter is Coming"
Lia
Acolyte

Post by Lia »

LadyTevar wrote:
If Lia will agree, I was thinking of refering to the Gar as elves/druids who decided to stay behind with their friends when the Nithgaard retreated north away from the Ilthids. No curse, nothing but the Gar being closer to nature and the plants and not wishing to leave them 'helpless'.
I'm a little confused. Are you referring to the T'eseh elves who serve the Gar? I sorta wanted the T'eseh to have ended up in Ehk'reh'tehk as refugees, but having ingrated themselves to Esuun, First of the Gar, and been taken in.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

I should have posts up tonight. Sorry for the delay. I have a developmental anatomy exam this afternoon that I have been studying for
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Thridfain, that should go in your OOB post.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

I placed it in my OOB post and in this thread, as it is new and relevant information to those contacting me at this time.
"Winter is Coming"
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Lia wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:
I'm a little confused. Are you referring to the T'eseh elves who serve the Gar? I sorta wanted the T'eseh to have ended up in Ehk'reh'tehk as refugees, but having ingrated themselves to Esuun, First of the Gar, and been taken in.
Yes, the elves that serve them, my apologies for the mixup :oops:

I see no reason why they couldn't be refugees, since the Ilthid (snakes) and the Nithgaard were at war for decades. It just means that they have been working with Esuun for centuries.

The main reason why I'm making these suggestions is because the Nithgaard were a huge empire once. All elves could have been part of it, before the war with the Ilthids. But the decades of war, the flight north away from the Snakes, would have scattered them quite a bit.

Unfortunately, the Nithgaard are the local equivalents to D&D's High/Gold elves, with the same belief that they are the rightful rulers of -all- elves, since they are what's left of the Noble caste.

This doesn't mean the other elves have to listen to the Nith. It doesn't even mean the Nith are right in their beliefs. But it's fun to play, imho.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

The Silence and I wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:

I came from the Eastern channel into Heronter. It is on page three, third from the bottom. Recent activity quickly buried it, it is easy to see how it was missed.
After I get back from the laundrymat, I'll take care of that.

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

LadyTevar wrote:Yes, the elves that serve them, my apologies for the mixup :oops:

I see no reason why they couldn't be refugees, since the Ilthid (snakes) and the Nithgaard were at war for decades. It just means that they have been working with Esuun for centuries.

The main reason why I'm making these suggestions is because the Nithgaard were a huge empire once. All elves could have been part of it, before the war with the Ilthids. But the decades of war, the flight north away from the Snakes, would have scattered them quite a bit.

Unfortunately, the Nithgaard are the local equivalents to D&D's High/Gold elves, with the same belief that they are the rightful rulers of -all- elves, since they are what's left of the Noble caste.

This doesn't mean the other elves have to listen to the Nith. It doesn't even mean the Nith are right in their beliefs. But it's fun to play, imho.
Until of course the Kainan (whose lands you took when you moved North) decide to smash you for your arrogance. :wink: :razz:
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

Frigidmagi:

This might not change your stance at all, but as it says in my OOB, a báróy cavalry unit, such as that which is entering your territory, would consist largely of living human vassals or hirelings as a báró lacks the personal wealth to field a personal army consisting entirely of the thanatoi.
"Winter is Coming"
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

You have undead mules and zombies in a huge group going into the homeland of religious zealots whose anicestors fled from a group of inhuman necromancers with hordes of undead.

My response ain't chaning, villages will empty rather then deal with you until a priest sanctions your being in Tuarian lands.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Lia
Acolyte

Post by Lia »

Lady: Sounds good to me. The gold-elf attitude sounds very like the kind of attitude these fellahs' forebears would have detested and moved away from. Yay hippie-elves.

Oh, um, did I try to send an ambassador to an NPC country, or is the Illithian Empire actually a player one?
The Silence and I
Disciple

Dark Silver is listed as controlling it. He does seem a little inactive though :???:
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

He's an empire of snakelike humanoids who view the rest of us has cattle. He's not going to be into diplomacy.
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

frigidmagi wrote:He's an empire of snakelike humanoids who view the rest of us has cattle. He's not going to be into diplomacy.
Cept with this guy, he's already sent ambassadors...

PS, Frigid, I *promise* not to conquer your Great Power with half a point of horsemen and some mules. Consider it an act of mercy :wink:
"Winter is Coming"
Lia
Acolyte

Post by Lia »

frigidmagi wrote:He's an empire of snakelike humanoids who view the rest of us has cattle. He's not going to be into diplomacy.
*chuckle* I read the OOB. However, in character, I don't have access to that. They're plant-people who have to root to reproduce, they've never traveled before. Fear the ignorance, fear it! Their elves wouldn't remember which direction they came from accurately, either. :p
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Cept with this guy, he's already sent ambassadors...

PS, Frigid, I *promise* not to conquer your Great Power with half a point of horsemen and some mules. Consider it an act of mercy
That's cause the undead taste bad. And expecting the Taurian not to regard you with overwhelming paranoidia is kinda silly. Consider yourself my Iran.