Forum rules and use

SF: Not to be confused with SyFy....
Robert Walper
Adept

#1 Forum rules and use

Post by Robert Walper »

The forum is for the dicussion of science fiction. I presume the majority of you will have realized this upon reading the forum name, and the handy description below it. ;)

Nothing too picky or demanding here. Keep the discussions on topic, and of course following board policies and rules.
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

As the moderator of SCI-FI, I wish to specify a number of conditions posters ought to be aware of and expand upon the board policy.
  1. Flames and vendettas. There might be some confusion here, so allow me to specify: I don't care if you say the words "You're a fuckhead!" so long as it's on topic. Incidentally, if you call me a fuckhead I'll respond in kind.
  2. Personal attacks. This is already stated in the board policy, but I feel it should be emphasised. If you have a vendetta with someone there is only one place where I want it to take place: between the two of you IN PRIVATE. This forum is not the place to carry on a vendetta. Exchange AIM IDs and have at it, send the letter bombs to each other, I don't give a damn. This place shall be kept clean.
  3. To expand on point 2 in relation to my duties. If you find a decision I carried out to be wrong or otherwise flawed, here's what you do: you PM me about it. If I'm an arsehole to you, THEN you PM a Supermoderator. If he's an arsehole to you, THEN you PM an Administrator. If you're going to flame me for carrying out my duties in my own forum, in public, without discretion, get set for a date with the Keepers.
  4. Some thread topics are forbidden. Flaming others for liking a show is gone. That counts as a personal attack and won't be tolerated. But there's another element here. Some people like to bitch and whine about this or that. They like to say "OMG Katie Sackhoff is a bitch I hate her!!!!111" or "Jolene Blalock is a slut!" or "George Lucas is a shit!!!" and so on. I fucking hate that bullshit, and will fuck you if you do it. My opinion on some scifi fans is so low that I'm really disgusted by some of their antics. I don't want shit like that to happen in this forum.

If you don't like what these artists have done, then make an argument for it. If all you're going to do is flame them for this or that, then fuck off. And yes, this includes useless "OMG B&B ARE T3H SUXX0RZ!!!" posts. Yes, we all know B&B both have to fuck each other with rusty sewerage pipes. We don't have to read it a million times a day.
  5. This is not strictly a versus forum, and Librium Arcana is primarily a gaming board first and discussion second, but I'm not going to stifle an interesting scenario or thread just because of it. Just bewarned: a lot of common versus debates have been done to death, so if you're going to post "OMG what if, like, captain kirk fights thrawn in like, a ISD WHO WINS?!?!?!" then expect a lock.
  6. I live in Australia. That means we come last in matters where TV shows and or films are related. THAT means I don't want any spoilers in threads. Clear? It couldn't be clearer. If you're going to post spoilers, minimise the text

Code: Select all

[size=1]like so[/size]
    - this is known as 'spoilerising' text.
Finally, I'm not a bad guy and people sometimes call me nice. I'm here to respond to any questions or problems you might have. We all like scifi, so enjoy the place.