Anybody up for an FSTGOD?

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Masterharper
Apprentice

Post by Masterharper »

If I've missed any diplomatic approaches, or failed to respond to anybody, please poke me with a PM! I suspect I haven't, as the north will be delightfully more quiet than your crowded southlands :P.
The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

Want a map with more detail, information, and cool-factor? Don't care if it is larger? Then this is the map for you!

As I aquire information I will update names, for now this is all I have. :smile:

EDIT 1: After some minor confusion I have added some headers describing what describes what. Hopefully it is fully clear which are city state names and which are NPC nation names now.

EDIT 2: Yes, frigidmagi's Taurian are, in fact, human.

EDIT 3: Added 'City Of Thage.'
Last edited by The Silence and I on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

City of Thage (Cyclops) 15pts

Race information: Cyclops stand 10ft (3m) tall, humanoids with a single eye. They tend to be heavily built by human standards.

Government: Oligarchy. A group of elite families serve on the city counsil and elect 2 Shofet, or judges, who have executive and judical powers. The counsil also selects the generals of the army, but the Shofet has reversed to him the power to judge the generals and even order they be put to death.

History: Save for a breif period of naval skirmishes which they lost very convincingly, the Cyclops of Thage have maintained friendly if distant relations with Taurian. This is for a varity of reasons, one is the Taurian obessession with the Iithian Empire to the south. The Shofet have a policy of giving the Taurian PriestKing no reason to look north in anger. Other then that they pursue a merchentile policy, prefering to sell things to folk instead of fight them.

Army:
City Guard, the standard unit of the city. Armed with swords, maces and hammers, and heavily armored. 4000 Heavy Infantry 6pts.

The Thunders, a group of storm mages who have mastered ligthening and sound attacks.
500 3pts

Navy:
Scout ships, used mostly to seek out new trade parnters.
20 ships 1 pt.

Light warships, carrying a Thunder mage or light seige equipment, the light ships are meant to harry and disrupt enemy formations.
20 ships 2pts

Heavy warships, these ships attempt to ram the enemy and sink them.
20 ships 3 pts.

These guys would be city number 16 on Silence's map.
Last edited by frigidmagi on Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Anybody want to send people to me?
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Agent Fisher wrote:Anybody want to send people to me?
No, you're a little far away, and human ;)

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Lia
Acolyte

Post by Lia »

Frigidmagi: I'd hate to presume, so I figured I'd best ask: Would the plantfolk be among those allowed to the capital, or would they yet be being directed to the nearest city, one that I believe started with a D?
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Soon as we're done talking to the flying brats we'll be over.

I'm fairly certain I'm waiting on all the places I sent diplomats to, by the way.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Frigidmagi: I'd hate to presume, so I figured I'd best ask: Would the plantfolk be among those allowed to the capital, or would they yet be being directed to the nearest city, one that I believe started with a D?
Not a problem we can go ahead and fast forward to the capital to save time.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
The Silence and I
Disciple

Charon wrote:
Soon as we're done talking to the flying brats we'll be over.

I'm fairly certain I'm waiting on all the places I sent diplomats to, by the way.
[sweet sounding voice]Then while you are waiting perhaps you could send my little party in the dragon fearing nation on their merry way?[/sweet sounding voice]

:grin:
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

*hooks up the AED*

LIVE DAMN YOU!!!

Seriously, those people who havent really posted for a while, who have diplomats waiting at their doorstep, either post, let us know what is going on or make other arrangements, because Charon has been waiting a loooong time to have diplomats seen and it is holding up the game.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm having IRL troubles... I'll try to catch up over the weekend

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Alrighty then. Time for me to put on my 'angry GM' face.

I said somewhere in the first few pages. That if you didn't think you were gonna have the time to play this game. Don't join. Apparently, some of you didn't take this into consideration.

I'm not asking for a lot from you, and I understand that all of us have lives outside of this forum, but if you can't make a post every other day, at least, get out of the game now. This does not include family emergencies or what-have-you. We all get busy for a little while. But on average if you can't even make a post every other day you need to get out of this game, or I will kick you out if you start stalling us.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I've got a recon of Viconia and an envoy to Halls of the Jagged Peaks that have not recieved any response.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Ra, I sent somebody to you
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

I have been waiting for people for... a while...We cant start the game proper until we resolve at least SOME of this stuff. So please, POST DAMN IT! You know who you are!
Last edited by Comrade Tortoise on Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Stosfk and I are discussing over PM and AIM what the deal is. I'll reply to Lia right now.
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

I too am active, albeit not mostly in-game.
"Winter is Coming"
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

The rest of the deals in the FSTGOD are gonna be dealt with OOG with results posted in the OOC. I'm tired of waiting to start and it has become very apparent that this is getting us nowhere fast. However it did serve a purpose as it let the GMs know who to watch for inactivity (If you're reading this it's likely not you.) If you have secret dealings (*coughTrirdfain* :wink: )or whathaveyou, please at least let one of the GM's know so that we have some idea of what is going on or can back you in matters pertaining to your secret dealings.
Masterharper
Apprentice

Post by Masterharper »

Edited for my stupidity!

Fair 'nuff.
Last edited by Masterharper on Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Charon wrote:The rest of the deals in the FSTGOD are gonna be dealt with OOG with results posted in the OOC. I'm tired of waiting to start and it has become very apparent that this is getting us nowhere fast. However it did serve a purpose as it let the GMs know who to watch for inactivity (If you're reading this it's likely not you.) If you have secret dealings (*coughTrirdfain* :wink: )or whathaveyou, please at least let one of the GM's know so that we have some idea of what is going on or can back you in matters pertaining to your secret dealings.
It's part of the problem with having your diplomacy thread not taking place at a diplomatic conference.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

The Silence and I
Disciple

Okay, I have some diplomacy results to share with y'all.

The Allied Water Walker Tribes have established friendly relations outside the diplomacy thread with Æthelmearc and with Arcto-Morka-Morsum. The Nithgaard have offered to not only trade, but to loan timber and ship building knowledge with the Skarklagger, to better allow future trade. The Skarklagger are currently working on starting a modest wooden merchant fleet. The Morkan have offered to trade modestly with the Skarklagger and relations have a good chance of becoming friendlier with time. The Farnian Republic has released the Skarklagger party on fairly good terms, the use of white cloth has been suggested to them in the future.

I will also update the map to reflect the loss of Exileman, just as soon as I find out what I am replacing it with.
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

Exileman is officially out. Now, do we want to run his nation as an NPC as-is, or replace it with a new NPC? Or possibly just leave the island blank.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I say either re-make it to be much weaker, or if we wanna make things interesting, make it empty (with the exception of maybe a few city-states) which will make things interesting between Ra and myself when we start expanding. :twisted:
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

Okay, we're going to get started soon. I'll post one day's warning once everything's ready from the moderators' and NPC controllers' stantpoints before posting the game thread. Get your diplomatic and trade affairs settled OOC now and just post the results, or if you want them to remain secret, give them to the mods.
Last edited by Rogue 9 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

The Nithgaard are in agreement with the Skarklaggers, as mentioned.

Discussions with the Koronians are stalled, pending a time both I and Charon can actually catch each other online.