Anybody up for an FSTGOD?

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I am going to find great pleasure in eventually smashing all the elven races...

But that's only because of my deep unabiding hatred of elves. :twisted:
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

You would still have to come North of the Appalachians, little Snakes, and you have grown weak over the centuries since you last saw us. We still know well your weaknesses ... why else would we speak to those who can master water and ice?

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

He goes no futher, expect to die.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Suddenly a combined list of all the funny little NPC states. And you insist I don't love you...

This is a basic rundown of the nations. When I have some more time I'll be filling in more details about each one.
The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Heya CT! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: Do you like my post?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Oh, it is certainly heresy. The ritual killing of a life, as opposed to predation, is bad. However, while we cringe at it, and will attempt to convert you, we will not lay siege to your cities over an animal sacrifice
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Lia
Acolyte

Post by Lia »

This is a bad question to find oneself suddenly asking, but what would the territory between the Illithian empire and Ehk'reh'tehk be like?

And the Ehk hope you EAT the bull afterwards. :p
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I don't know for a fact, but I'd imagine either somewhat swampy lands or very flat plains.
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

I'm assuming that the land between Ilithia and Korlech is hilly, forested, and lightly populated (but not particularly mountainous or treacherous.) That sound right?
"Winter is Coming"
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

That sounds about right.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Agreed.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

City-State

Yawgmon's Banner

With the shattering of the centralized Orc nation with the coming of the Netherese, the Orc tribes were spread out, the unity that had made them so frightening shattered. The Orcs of Yawgmon's banner are one of the more powerful groups of Orcs that have found their way to the coast once more, using their fleets to terrorize ships that attempt to pass between the Eastern and Southen shores of the Continent.

4,000 Strikers (Heavy Infantry)- 8 points
16,000 Cannon Fodder- 4 points
1000 shortbowmen- 1 point
20 Scout ships- 1 point
20 light warships- 2 points
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Um... I know you are co mod... but what the fuck?

Ballistae bolts penetrating walls of force cast by 1.5 point mages? Being pinpoint accurate at ranges of hundreds of meters and disintegrating people on contact? That is a bit... more special... than the description of light ballistae

Are you...on...something?
Last edited by Comrade Tortoise on Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I said they seemed to disappear. Not that they did. If you look back maybe 50 or so yards maybe you'll find them, if you're lucky with the bolts still in their bodies. And yes the ballista bolts went through walls cast by 1.5 point mages. You know why? Because they're all purpose mages. If they'd been, say, defensive purpose only mages, then yes, you could stop a ballista bolt. As is they do not focus on defense and you're dealing with ballista bolts, of which most of them were in fact stopped, which you should be thankful for.

Be happy that Rogue and I decided (Yes, Rogue was involved too) to only kill off three. You have mages, whoopdie doo, that does not give you free reign to attack any city you please with impunity so long as you put up a few defenses. And for the record, no. You do not get to have mages (save your 2 pointer) that can build protective barriers that are the equivilant of a several foot thick stone wall whenever they Goddamn please. And even your 2 pointer couldn't keep one up for very long.

And on a further note, even if they were "more special" than normal ballistae, which I will let you know right now that they may in fact be, just as they may not be. That is none of your damn business as of yet since there is no way in hell any of your people would know about it. I try to give my players the information that they would know, no more, no less.

By the way, in case it comes up, the city is infact a port, which means it's on the water. Encircling is impossible, but you can always do fun things with a port.

As for your last little snipe, it's unappreciated. I hope I don't have to go any further than stating that.[/i]
The Silence and I
Disciple

I have a new map for y'all. Only thing added was a scale, which I should have put in much sooner...

Oh and Tevar, I am clueless and gave you a bad number. The distance is just shy of 130 miles, now that I have a more accurate scale to work with.

EDIT: Forgot the map...

Here it is

EDIT II: Minor update, added Riversmeet to the city state names.

Here
Last edited by The Silence and I on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

fair enough. Just wanted to know. Seemed from the way you wrote it that they were disintegrating people and were more accurate than any ballistae should be.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Stofsk's alive! ALLIIIVVVVEEEE! WHEE!
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

City state of Elecaium (city state 11)
18pts.

The Minotaur Paladins of Elecaium rule their nation with discipline, justice and an iron will. The head of the order, the Sun Lord is the head of the city with a corps of judges and enforces keeping the peace. History has it that the order was founded from the example of a Paladin from Eire who overthrew the old demon worshipping wizards who once ruled. The kin of those wizards still rules to the South in the city state of Malecaium. The Paladins of Elacaium war upon the wizards to this day in hopes of their overthrow once and for all. The average male minotaur stands at 7 to 8 feet with the females slightly shorter by 4 or 5 inches.

Heavy Cav:
Minotaur Paladins- The heaviest force in the region, to large for horse they have instead tamed war-rhinos. Lightly furred, mean tempered beast it is only the magic and skill of a paladin that can induce them to accept a saddle and tack. The paladins are armed with lance, chain mail and axes, along with their prayers.

400 strong - 6 points.

The Sun Lord- Mounted on his truely massive and bloodthristy war rhino, warlord. The Sun Lord is the most power of paladins known to Minotaurkind and the living example of the virutes of paladinhood. Armed with lance, axe, chainmail and the power of his faith.

Sun Lord Khailian -1point

Heavy Infantry
City Guard- Armed in chain mail, shield, maces, axes and hammers not to mention of the grace of the light. These beings are the trained soldery of the great city and defend her from harm

2000 strong- 3 points.

Archers

Crossbowmen- Wearing leather and carrying crossbows in a size only found in a knights nightmares they provide fire support for their brothers in the front line.

1000 strong- 4 points.

Special Units

Purifiers- Mages who study the magics of banishment and light. Their task to both counter the demon callers and the demons when needs must.

300 strong- 4 points.

City State of Malecaium (city state 13)
Ruled by the foul demon worshippers of the Cult of Bhaal. They are locked in war unending with the aposates of Elecaium. The Cabal's word is law backed by their armed minions and the fear of their demons the populace offers no rebellion. And their word is war upon the aposate of Elecaium until the foul Sun-Lord himself is dragged screaming to the alter.

Heavy Infantry

Cultist, devotees of Bhaal these minotaurs are the enforcers of the dark faith and the mailed fist of the Cabal. They are armed with hammer, mace, chain mail, shield and their faith in their dark lord.

4000 strong 6pts

Archers

Crossbowmen- wearing leather and the same massive crossbows as their cousins of Elecaium, they provide fire support.

1000 strong 4pts

Demon callers- the dark priest and lords of thier religion. They call down the powers of Bhaal lord of the pitt to smite the unbeliever!

100 strong 4 pts

Demons - Monsters from the pitt itself. Foul fiends who live to spread pain and fear upon the land. Only a paladin or a purifier can harm them.

50 strong- 3pts.

Mahrils- Lord High Wizard of Bhaal. The Lord and master of the city, all bow to his every whim.

1 point.

Sorry Silence but this game needed Minotaurs. NEEDED THEM! Back to the map with you! *whips*
The Silence and I
Disciple

frigidmagi wrote:Sorry Silence but this game needed Minotaurs. NEEDED THEM! Back to the map with you! *whips*
Fine! :razz:

Minotaurs, and NPC point costs
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

The Silence and I wrote:
frigidmagi wrote:Sorry Silence but this game needed Minotaurs. NEEDED THEM! Back to the map with you! *whips*
Fine! :razz:

Minotaurs, and NPC point costs
... Funny... I thought the Taurians were Minotaurs........

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Nope we're human.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Oh mighty GMs I have been patient but it has been a fucking week since I've posted and no response.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

...he says two minutes after I figure out what's going on and post . :razz:
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

If that ain't just the prettiest map.

Grey are mountains, brown are hills, dark green is forested/rough terrain, light green are plains. Blue lines are rivers, grey lines are roads, and yellow lines are the hercegal (ducal) boundaries. Dark red squares are towns, while bright red are fortresses. Neat, huh?[/list]
"Winter is Coming"