Veitnam Memorial Vandalized with oily substance.

N&P: Discussion of news headlines and politics.

Moderator: frigidmagi

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#1 Veitnam Memorial Vandalized with oily substance.

Post by frigidmagi »

Veitnam Veterans Memorial Fund

[quote]LIGHT, OILY SUBSTANCE SPILLED ONTO PORTIONS OF THE VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL; NATIONAL PARK SERVICE MOVES TO REMOVE SUBSTANCE QUICKLY

Washington, D.C. — On Friday, September 7, National Park Service staff and volunteers discovered a light, oily and unidentified substance that was spilled over portions of some of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial’s panels and paving stones, with National Park Service (NPS) preservation and maintenance staff beginning the removal process immediately.

The United States Park Police has begun an investigation into the matter, and that investigation is ongoing. Until this investigation is completed, it is premature to speculate whether any intentional act was committed.

The NPS’ preservation and maintenance staff continues to work to remove the substance and believes it will be possible to remove the substance entirely.

For nearly 25 years, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund and NPS have worked together on the maintenance of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. “The care and security of this national treasure remain a top priority to both the Memorial Fund and the National Park Service,â€
Last edited by frigidmagi on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

*IF* it was intentional, it's a horrible thing. Until I get all the facts I won't try to jump to too many conclusions, but yeah, watching the video, it looks pretty intentional to me. Pretty fucked up regardless. Of course the commentary on the video was just priceless. "Commie liberals..." wow.. just wow...
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Like I said bias.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

B4UTRUST wrote:*IF* it was intentional, it's a horrible thing. Until I get all the facts I won't try to jump to too many conclusions, but yeah, watching the video, it looks pretty intentional to me. Pretty fucked up regardless. Of course the commentary on the video was just priceless. "Commie liberals..." wow.. just wow...
As I said to someone else, it could be "some kid in the ghetto areas of DC was giggling madly the next morning as he was tellin' his homies about how he proved he's badass by pourin' the oil from his momma's hamburger fryin' the previous night on the Vietnam Wall".

But given the date I can't help but feel that it was ideological. For a moonbat, war = evil. Memorials that in any way commemorate a war or its soldiers = evil. Therefore it is perfectly all right to strike at the evil imperialist warmongers around 9-11 by pouring oil on a memorial for a war that has nothing to do, at all, with the current conflict.
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I have found to many local stories . Magi does not feel warm and fuzzy right now.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Nor does Trust...
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

What the FUCK!?
Was there a general email going out everywhere "Hey, vandalize your local war memorial today!"?
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Lonestar
Acolyte

Post by Lonestar »

Man, what a bunch of Jackasses. Was there an announcement on moveon.org or something?
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worth while, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy!" -J.F.K.