She Had the Body of a Venus so Imagine My Surprise!

N&P: Discussion of news headlines and politics.

Moderator: frigidmagi

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#1 She Had the Body of a Venus so Imagine My Surprise!

Post by LadyTevar »

CNN wrote: Official: Bride, groom stopped in Iraq actually terror suspects

BAGHDAD (CNN) -- Soldiers manning a checkpoint near Baghdad stopped a wedding convoy to find that the purported bride and groom were wanted terror suspects, an Iraqi Defense Ministry official said Monday.

The Army set up the checkpoint last week in the Taji area, about 12 miles (20 kilometers) north of Baghdad.

The soldiers became suspicious of the convoy because its members -- save the "bride" -- were all male and because one of the cars in the convoy did not heed orders to stop, the official said.

Also, soldiers said, the people in the car seemed nervous and the groom refused to lift his bride's veil when soldiers asked him to, according to the official.

Soldiers ordered everyone out of the car, the official said.

Upon inspecting the convoy, soldiers found a stubbly-faced man, Haider al-Bahadli, decked out in a white bride's dress and veil.

Bahadli was wanted on terror-related charges, as was his groom, Abbas al-Dobbi, the official said.

Two other terror-related suspects were detained as well.
So was it a Religious or a Civil ceremony? :wink:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

#2 Re: She Had the Body of a Venus so Imagine My Surprise!

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Abbas al-Dobbi, left, and al-Bahadli were reportedly part of a wedding convoy that drew soldiers' suspicion.

"Soldiers Raided Iraqi Same-Sex Wedding Convoy." :grin:
Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Knife
Apprentice

Post by Knife »

[Bagdad Bob]There are no gays or terrorists in Bagdad.[/Bob]
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
--John Stuart Mill
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Ironic thought of the day: Before taking power Saddam had to flee Iraq once dressed up as a women. Back then it worked.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Lord Iames Osari
Initiate

Post by Lord Iames Osari »

"As a women," eh, frigid? *shakes head* The children, they is not learning...
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

You misunderstand me, see he was dressed as two.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Lord Iames Osari
Initiate

Post by Lord Iames Osari »

Ah, my mistake.
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

frigidmagi wrote:Ironic thought of the day: Before taking power Saddam had to flee Iraq once dressed up as a women. Back then it worked.
...never mind the moustache. :shock:
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.