His Majesty's Dragons

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

cool...

now to figure a reason out why I was there for the training excercise....not there for the fight, and showed up right after....
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

1. Lots of paint on the dragon, needed to wash?

2. Trip to town?

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

This is the RAF. Blame a paperwork SNAFU. :)
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

I am going to call a bit of a foul havoc, my character was literally sitting there with an itchy trigger finger on his revolver and watching the stormtroopers like a hawk. There is no way unless one came from behind him that the concussion grenade could have gotten thrown without him noticing and also, with that as a possiability, he would have pulled the trigger upon hearing it land.
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Jason, I'll be blunt, and you'll probably not like it. Too bad, I'm bitchy today.

You did something as stupid as rheonix did. You are paying for it. The only reason you are not dead is because Havoc doesn't want a crazed dragon running around. Or did you think that YOU would be in control of Nex if you die?

Now, unless you've not noticed, you're not the only captive here. So take your complaint, shove it sideways, and deal with your mistake like rheonix and I did.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Firewalker, if you are actually calling foul on the fact that I permitted your character to survive the situation rather than instantly blowing his own brains out... then I really don't know what to say.

There were half a dozen german paratroopers on that dragon, not to mention another half dozen crew members, ALL of whom are armed with standard-issue Concussion stick grenades. Given that you were standing in a position from which not all of them were visible, you could not physically have been watching them all.

On top of that, there is no way on God's Green Earth that your dragon would permit you to carry out such an act. Had the Germans not simply thrown you that grenade, Nax' next move would have been to surrender on her own initiative, by GM mandate. She would never permit the Germans to shoot you by fighting on. Do you imagine she would permit you to shoot yourself for the same purpose?

Nevertheless, in the interests of fairness, if you absolutely demand it, I will let you roll a die to determine whether or not you managed to clench the trigger when the grenade went off, and killed yourself, at which point your dragon comes under direct GM control until such time as it dies or emerges from rage. I would strenuously recommend against doing this, but it is not my policy to forbid players from getting themselves killed. If you seriously want to go through with this, then roll a ten-sided die. I'll let you know the result.

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Okay I gotta say this is the first time I've seen a player demand that he be allowed to blow his own head off. I mean I've seen demands to be allowed to take off one of their own limbs before but never a head.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Never seen the Head of Vecna Module played, have you?
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

I've never had players dumb enough to fall for it. Considering some of the groups I've been in that says something there.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

The reason I am actually fighting this and wanting my character dead is one fold. He is very much wanting to die for king and country. He would hate to be a prisioner more then anything else. His one wish in life is to die for king and country whilest serving king and country.
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Jason_Firewalker wrote: His one wish in life is to die for king and country whilest serving king and country.
:roll:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Jason_Firewalker wrote:The reason I am actually fighting this and wanting my character dead is one fold. He is very much wanting to die for king and country. He would hate to be a prisioner more then anything else. His one wish in life is to die for king and country whilest serving king and country.
Then your being a fucking moron.

Your character WANTS to die for king and country?

Then he wouldn't have been allowed to captain a fucking dragon.

They don't people with deathwishes be Captain of a dragons, ESPECIALLY heavyweight dragons. Your dragon would have been sent to the breeding grounds, and your captain locked in a psyche ward.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Jason_Firewalker wrote:The reason I am actually fighting this and wanting my character dead is one fold. He is very much wanting to die for king and country. He would hate to be a prisioner more then anything else. His one wish in life is to die for king and country whilest serving king and country.
That's like sitting on a grenade in enemy territory because "he wants to die for king and country."

Do I really need to bring up Patton's famous quote? "The point in war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his."

You and Nex got rolled. Now we deal with drama getting your and Tev's characters back. Move on.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I'm afraid I've very little to add to all that. If that is actually your character's fondest wish, then there's no way they would have let him at so much as a Winchester, let alone a Parnassian.

You're unconscious and being taken back to Germany. Suck it up and deal with it. You got off easier than some, as you will soon see.
Last edited by General Havoc on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

General Havoc wrote:
You're unconscious and being taken back to Germany. Suck it up and deal with it. You got off easier than some, as you will soon see.
Easier than some? Ouch. *Looks up with pleading eyes* You love me Havoc, don't you?
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Cynical Cat wrote:
General Havoc wrote:
Easier than some? Ouch. *Looks up with pleading eyes* You love me Havoc, don't you?
Yeah, Frostfell's probably going to be someone's bitch soon.

But look at it this way, he's at least got support from Kunja. Even if it means both of them are very likely to take the beating of their lives.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Charon wrote:Yeah, Frostfell's probably going to be someone's bitch soon.

Forget Frostfell. *stares at the SS surrounding her and Fulminatus* :shock: Help?

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

You can tell Havoc's feeling cranky, otherwise it would be a Luftwaffe prison.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Or he's introducing the 'heavy' as the story goes, to make Albatros and his captain look better.

I think Jeb's bellowing will get Albatros' attention to the problem... but I have to be honest: the description caused my rear to clench tight.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I hope that was a suitable entrance Havoc, I figured with the amount of time passed concerning the German's making it across the channel and to france, it would settle correctly.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Um... So much for bellowing for help.

Now, to think like a 16yr old again......

Oh, wait, he just got uppity and insulted my dragon. Time to get hot.

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Jake's response to the SS bastard.

"Yes I understand you, and I'm willing to cooperate. However, I just want to make one thing perfectly clear before we go on.

If you ever refer to Kunja as a sub-dragon again I'm going to break your fucking jaw."
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

No problem with the entrance there DS. It works just fine.

And Cyncat... you really don't want to see what I think up when I get "cranky". B4 and DS and anyone who remembers my Unholy War game will tell you that such events tend to be unpleasant. :)

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

*sips coffee*

Yyyyeeeaaah. I'm gonna go ahead and stay back here, and guard the base. And get those TPS reports all done - don't worry, I'll send the memo.

*sips coffee again*

Yyyyeeaaaah.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

rhoenix wrote:*sips coffee*

Yyyyeeeaaah. I'm gonna go ahead and stay back here, and guard the base. And get those TPS reports all done - don't worry, I'll send the memo.

*sips coffee again*

Yyyyeeaaaah.
Pfft. It was just a several hundred pound bomb to the shoulder. Pussy. :razz: :lol: