[Recruitment] Cthulhutech: The Borderlines of the World

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

I made a little IC post to declare what it is I want to do with my one action this round. I'm not taking additional time to actually line up the shot, I'm firing now. To make your life easier though I'll conditionally declare the use of an action point if I miss this shot. I've already got four dice to roll for attack, but in all probability the enemy will have 3 dice for defence so there is a bit of a chance he could dodge out of the way. As for which group I'm aiming at, technically that would be whichever is closer, but from OOC knowledge it would seem smarter to aim at Group 2 as if I can blow them up now that would mean that they don't get to act ahead of Bertram, Tyche, and Dovara :grin:

Still, GM's discretion as to which one I actually shoot at.
EarthScorpion
Apprentice

Post by EarthScorpion »

Alex (AN) fires a Tiny Plasma Cannon at the nearest vehicle (Roll d10/5, 8, therefore Technical 2)

To hit;
Firearms roll - Firearms Adept + Focus: Power Armour (3+1 Dice)
Range = Long (-2)
1, 3, 10, 2 = Highest = 10
Perception = 6
Total = 14

To dodge
Dodge Roll (uses Pilot, as not in OSE compatible craft) - Pilot Novice (2 dice)
1, 6 = Highest = 6
Agility = 6
Total = 12

Hits

Damage = 1 + 2 dice = 4+6+2 = 12
Armour = 1 dice = 5
7 Integrity damage done.

Technical is Integrity 3
U:[/]
Co:[/]
L:[/]
M: [2]
S:[3]
Cr:[3]

Target is Moderately damaged, Systems Code U, Co, L, M offline, reduced to half maximum speed.

Now, as I feel that in a vehicle like this, the crew/passengers are much more exposed than in a proper IFV, I'm also rolling Dodge Checks for d5 of the crew, to represent them getting in the way of the shot.

d5 roll = 3 = 2 hit.
Assigning hits; 8, 3 = Front Right, Back Left

FR Dodge - Dodge Adept (3 dice)
1, 1 , 7 = BOTCH
Agility = 6
Total = BOTCH = 0
Fails really, really hard; hit by Plasma.
5 dice of Integrity scale, therefore really dead.

BL Dodge - Dodge Novice (2 dice)
6, 4 = Highest = 6
Agility = 5
Total = 11
Hit by Plasma
3 dice of Integrity scale, therefore dead.

Boy, the guys and girls in that car are really in need of some fear checks. :D
Author of Aeon Natum Engel, an Evangelion/Cthulhutech setting merger fan-fiction.
EarthScorpion
Apprentice

Post by EarthScorpion »

Tenacity check for Cultist driver - Challenging (TN 14)
Tenacity Feat Roll - Tenacity Novice (2 dice)
6, 4 = Highest = 6
Tenacity = 4
Total = 10
Fails

Roll 2d10 on Fear table = 15 = Terror

Pilot Check to avoid going out of control from Terror - Challenging (TN 16)
Pilot Roll - Pilot Novice (2 dice)
4, 5, = Highest = 5
Agility = 6
Total = 11
Fails, rolls the vehicles when turning too fast at high speed.

Crew essentially incapacitated for duration of combat time.
Author of Aeon Natum Engel, an Evangelion/Cthulhutech setting merger fan-fiction.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Whose's turn is it?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
EarthScorpion
Apprentice

Post by EarthScorpion »

Initiative order is as follows:

16} Alex - Patrolling around the Werewolf
16} Henna - In the pilot seat of the IFV
15 Erik - In the hold of the IFV, with the patients
14 Group 2 - Coming in from the East
13 Bertram - Over by the Werewolf, just finished with the charges
11} Tyche - In the IFV
11} Dovara - In the IFV (One of these two are in the turret, I'd suspect Marcao, looking at the stats)
8 Group 1 - Coming in from the East
7} Aiguo - Over by the Werewolf, just finished with the charges
7} Salky - In the hold of the IFV, with the patients

Curly brackets indicate simultaneous actions.

It is, therefore, Betram's go now.
Losonti Tokash
Apprentice

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Congratulations to Alex, that was definitely an impressive shot. :P
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Popping smoke to give cover between the Werewolf and the APC, I'll write up the post soon.
EarthScorpion
Apprentice

Post by EarthScorpion »

Bertram (HF) uses a smoke grenade for cover. It's 50 m from the crash to the IFV, so to get it half way is range 25

Maximum range = S x 10 = 30 metres (I'd make a comment about how unusual it is for Strength to be the dump stat, but frankly that seems to be a running theme in Ctech, from other games I've read)

Long Range, therefore check is Hard (diff 22).

Static Thrown Check - Thrown Student (1 dice)
8 - Highest - 8
Agility = 5
Total = 13
Fails, grenade scatters

Scatters 2d10/3 metres = 9, 9 = 6 metres
Direction = 5 = 6 o clock, directly backwards.

End result - there is a 6 metre radius cloud of smoke directly between him and the IFV, centred 19 metres away

Dovara (M) fires a Large Laser Cannon at Vehicle 1

To hit;
Firearms roll - Firearms Adept (3 Dice)
Range = Long (-2)
10, 4, 6 = Highest = 10
Perception = 7
Total = 15

To dodge
Dodge Roll (uses Pilot, as not in OSE compatible craft) - Pilot Novice (2 dice)
3, 2 = Highest = 3
Agility = 5
Total = 8

Hits, beat by 6-10, so base damage pool is two dice

Damage = 2 + 3 dice = 9, 7, 4, 10, 8 = 38 (OUCH!)
Armour = 1 dice = 7
31 (!) Integrity damage done.

Technical is Integrity 3
U:[/]
Co:[/]
L:[/]
M: [/]
S:[/]
Cr:[/]

Target is Destroyed, in a gratuitous display of superior firepower and a revelation that the NEG's basic IFV is actually really nasty against anything smaller than itself. Especially since it can also carry 6 suits of powered armour, and can ambush you from invisibility.

Seriously, that single shot would have severely damaged most Nazzadi mecha.

Or maybe you lot are just determined to never let any enemy of humanity get a turn. :grin:
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

And now we learn that the technological equivalent of a bunch of African militiamen in a Toyota with a .50 cal in the back do not last very long against the equivalent of a Bradley IFV with... I'm not sure if powered armour has an equivalent, but you get the idea. Now of course since the technicals didn't work we're probably going to have to fend off some mudskippers or a hydra. Fun.
Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

Well, I have to say that firing that big laser cannon was very satisfying. ^_~
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
EarthScorpion
Apprentice

Post by EarthScorpion »

True enough. I expected them all to die fairly quickly (because, as Academia Nut puts it, I did just put the equivalent of militiamen in jeeps with guns on the back (seriously, they were worse equipped than a NEG SWAT-equivalent team) against a proper IFV), just... not that quickly. I though I'd get to lob a few RPGs and maybe some HMG fire from the jeeps at you before you cut them all down.

Alas, it was not to be. :cool:

That's the end of the first little segment; there's be an IC post of you getting away. It seems to be fairly typical in pbp games to award session XP after the end of what would be a scene in a tabletop game, so that's what I'll do. There'll be an IC post of you getting into the safety of the IFV with its lovely, lovely cloaking device, unless anyone has anything they want to do before that.

So, yes, XP. Everyone gets the base 5 XP, and I think that everyone's done well enough with their posts and the like to earn and extra 1 XP for good roleplaying. In addition, both Academia Nut and Marcao get an extra 1 XP, because, frankly, the one-shot-kill was awesome, while the driver-Terror-then-crash was rather amusing. This isn't a reward for killing things, it's a reward for killing things stylishly/amusingly. It's completely different. :roll: :grin:

Likewise, the principle of Schroedinger's XP applies here. It can be spent to improve any feature of the character which hasn't been called upon or featured in the story yet; basically, if it could have been that stat all along, with the expenditure of the XP, it was. I think that covers almost all your stuff.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Actually I was thinking a non-compromised base AN. Going towards a compromised base with wounded and maybe a 1/4th of your beginning firepower is pretty much suicide.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

True, although apparently its the only place in the area. I already voiced my concern that going there was a bad idea, but did anyone listen to me? Noooooo...
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Am I to understand this is the only base in Ireland?
EarthScorpion
Apprentice

Post by EarthScorpion »

By no means. The closest base, well, I assembled this map in Google maps. It's really rather useful, you know, for making this kind of thing for RPG campaigns.

Plus, it means I get to do more world building. And it's slightly worrying that I enjoy the world-building even more than I enjoy playing or running.:roll:

Borderlines of the World Map
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

The early warning stations? Should I be thinking field recon posts or the trip wire bases in Germany set up during the Cold War?

Huh... Let me explain. Field Recon Posts are gonna be a couple of guys and a sensor system. No real medical help.

The trip wire bases were forward positions basically designed to slow up the Soviets for an hour or half and broadcast warning. Their medical was basic but decent and they had all kinds of comm systems with which to scream bloody murder.
EarthScorpion
Apprentice

Post by EarthScorpion »

frigidmagi wrote:The early warning stations? Should I be thinking field recon posts or the trip wire bases in Germany set up during the Cold War?

Huh... Let me explain. Field Recon Posts are gonna be a couple of guys and a sensor system. No real medical help.

The trip wire bases were forward positions basically designed to slow up the Soviets for an hour or half and broadcast warning. Their medical was basic but decent and they had all kinds of comm systems with which to scream bloody murder.
With the correct terminology provided, they're more like trip wire bases, in that they've got some heavy armour present, as well as some lighter scout vehicles, and some quite nice stationary defences. They will have some medical stuff; they're also the place that scouting patrols would retreat to if they're ambushed and have to pull back.
Losonti Tokash
Apprentice

Post by Losonti Tokash »

So, it's been 2 and a half weeks.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

By my count we're waiting for the GM, since none of you are fighting Aigou at all in this call.
EarthScorpion
Apprentice

Post by EarthScorpion »

Apologies for not posting; I had my first set of end of term tests at the start of this month, and then just sort of forgot about it in the aftermath. :sad:

There will be another quiet time, as the second set of exams starts on the 8th of June, but I'll try to keep this going until about a week before then, when I'll go into full revision overdrive and start having to leave myself reminders to eat at fixed times.

You think I kid. :???:
EarthScorpion
Apprentice

Post by EarthScorpion »

And now the exams are over, which means I can get back to posting regularly.

Sorry about the sort of dead (well, not dead, as more eternal lying) status of the game; that should be remedied. :sad:
Losonti Tokash
Apprentice

Post by Losonti Tokash »

EarthScorpion wrote:And now the exams are over, which means I can get back to posting regularly.

Sorry about the sort of dead (well, not dead, as more eternal lying) status of the game; that should be remedied. :sad:
arggghghhhh
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

So... Are we dead then?
Conrad Gray
Acolyte

Post by Conrad Gray »

How about a Cthulhutech/Cthulhupunk/Delta Green merger?