Call of Cthulhu

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Alright, cool.
Those who do evil to others...the killers, rapists, psychos, sadists...you'll come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me....The Punisher.

The world will look up and shout Save Us and I'll whisper..No.
fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

Well, folks, if anyone is interested in resurrecting this dead game, I will help you to poke its corpse with a stick.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Sounds good to me, what did you have in mind?
Those who do evil to others...the killers, rapists, psychos, sadists...you'll come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me....The Punisher.

fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

Kicking people until they decide to re-join the game, and then saving mankind from Comsic Horrors yet unknown! Hopefully, having fun as our characters slowly go insane form the reality-raping horrors they have witnessed.

Before this is over, maybe I'll get to punch Cthulhu on the nose! :grin:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Obviously Fgalkin has never played in any of my games that involve horror of any sort. There is no slowly going insane. That implies that I give your mind enough time to cope with the amount of horrors it will see.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

I generally have a strong mind, I like to think. Possibly because it's already insane and you can't break it no more.

So, it looks like we got one, are there any more takers? Come on, folks, the world ain't gonna save itself, you know. :grin:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Last edited by fgalkin on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

B4, I am actually none too pleased with my character, overall personality-wise through everything pretty much about her. Its not that much of a challenge really for me to channel her, it seems TOO easy, I would like more of a challenge, so I am asking if we do restart this game that I would be allowed to create a second character or a brand new one.
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

STR:

CON:

DEX:

POW:

APP:

SIZ:

INT:

EDU:
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Alright B4 had made mention of new characters so I just rolled up a new one so here goes main creation.......

Name: Jerry Saldair (technically Jeremiah Comanzki Jr. but legally changed his name at 16 to not be anything like his deadbeat father)
Occupation: Security Guard (Ex-Marine so background of Solider)
Nationality: American (Total mutt)
Residence: (will edit in)
Schools: Camp Pendelton
Degrees: USMC Boot Camp and Force Recon Training, some college (local university)

STR: 13
CON: 13
DEX: 13
POW: 9
APP: 12
SIZ: 16
INT: 14
EDU: 14

SAN: 45
Idea: 70
Luck: 45
Know: 70

HP: 14

Skills:
Read and Write English 70%
Speak English 70%
Dodge 65% +30% = 95%
First Aid 45% +30% = 75%
Hide 5%+ 80% = 85%
Listen 45% + 20% = 65%
Mechanical Repair 20% +0% = 20%
Rifle 25%+50% =75%
Sneak 10% +50% = 60%
Martial Arts 1% +20% +50% =71%
Spot Hidden 25% +20% =45%7
Bargain 5% +10% =15%
Handgun 20% +40% =60%
Computer Use 1% +20% =21%
All other skills assumed at base percentage

Equipment (* = carried at most times):
Beretta 92F *
4 extra loaded clips for Beretta 92F *
Buck tactical 4" folding knife (in left boot) *
.38 snub nose police revolver in ankle holster *
Extendable police baton on belt *
M16A2 (kept in safe at home and modified to be single shot only (according to records... not true))
6 extra loaded clips for M16A2
Mall Security Guard Uniform *
Mall maps x100 *
Decent Macy's brand leather loafers *
Power Bar x2 (one chocolate-peanut butter the other vanilla) *
Nalgene of water *
Package of Tang x2 *
Backpack (kept in locker at work or with him at all times off duty)

History:
Born in southern Michigan to parents who can trace their lineage back throughout Europe, Jerry was raised to be a Marine. His father, discharged from the Corps after Vietnam placed it on his youngest son to follow in his footsteps as a Force Recon Marine and his grandfather's footsteps from World War II on Iwo Jima as a Marine in the first landing wave. Trained from a young age to consider every option for survival at all times has made him a very high strung individual. At age 13 his father left his mother for a younger woman. This left Jerry a very sad young man who tried to be the man of the house.

Graduating high school with honors Jerry looked destined to go to a great college and never set foot in the Marines but his grandfather, now in his early 90s was dying in a hospital in Florida, Jerry went to go visit him and when he spoke to the old man and heard the stories of how great it was to be a Marine and the camaraderie and friendship of his fellow man, he began to reconsider. His grandfather died a day later with Jerry and four of his old Marine buddies at his bedside, his last words "Semper Fidelis". With a snap to as much as their elderly bodies could, the former Marines saluted their sarge's passing. This show of faithfulness and brotherhood changed Jerry's mind and ten days later he was on his way to Camp Pendelton.

Joining the Marines was the easy part. Keeping up physically was not too tough, Jerry had played high school varsity football and basketball (running back and point guard respectively). It was the emotional part that was harder for Jerry. He almost cried himself to sleep on several occasions thinking of his sweetheart, Mary-Lou Wright. When he got out of Basic, he was assigned to a post at the Norfolk Naval yards for a month while he awaited a further training post. Soon he was surprised he had placed into Force Recon like his father before him. Quickly off to EWTGA, then SERE Training and Army jump school he was still thinking of Mary-Lou. As soon as he graduated from the schools he was assigned to the 2nd Recon Batt, 2nd Marine Division in Camp Lejuene, North Carolina he called Mary-Lou and asked her to marry him.

Five days before the wedding his company was moved out to Serbia with a days notice. Serving in Serbia for a few months, Jerry showed himself to be an exemplary Marine. Then he received the letter no Marine ever wants to get. It started with 'Dearest Jerry, I love you but I am no longer in love with you. There is someone else now.' Something in him snapped. He couldn't do it anymore. Placed on inactive reserves a few weeks later because of psychiatric reaction, Jerry moved to *insert nearby where we start the game here* and got a job as a mall security guard.

This has been his life since, taking his job seriously, sometimes too seriously. But a half year ago that saved lives. When a pair of teenagers walked into the mall with trench coats and shotguns Jerry pulled his Beretta. The mall was about to close but the food court was packed with maintenance workers and construction workers. Jerry again had put his life on the line to save others and he remembered why it felt so good. When the kids shot at him he returned fire, disabling their guns rather then shooting to kill, thus sparing them as well. Now Jerry wants back onto active duty but is unsure of how to go about it.

Personality: Once a bright eyed youth, Jerry has gone through a lot of problems that have brought him to this point in his life and is now trying to become that bright eyed person again who can see happiness again. He tries hard to fight the depression and usually, since the incident in the mall, has been able to.

EDIT: Changed up histoty a little to fit timeline better
Last edited by Jason_Firewalker on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-- Sir Issac Asimov

fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

Ok, let's try some rolls, da?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

Character Description goes here:

Ok, I'm not sure I'm allowed to switch rolls around, but if I am, then I would like to give my character the following Stats:

STR: 12
CON: 9
DEX: 9
POW: 14
APP: 10
SIZ: 9
INT: 17
EDU: 17

SAN: 70
Luck: 70
Idea: 85
Know: 85

HP: 9 (Don't sneeze at me, I'll die!)

Income (to help select me an occupation):

If all is in order, character generation shall commence.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Last edited by fgalkin on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

oh yes, income....
-- Sir Issac Asimov

fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

We're rich, man! RICH!

Have a very nice day
-fgalkin
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Alrighty, let's see if the dice roller gods are on my side today.

STR:

CON:

DEX:

POW:

APP:

SIZ:

INT:

EDU:

INCOME:

Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

We have money, but will we have credit? I don't.... Credit is a skill.... frack... anyway Haizu should be posting soon
-- Sir Issac Asimov

Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

EDU should actually be plus 3 instead of plus 6, so it's 19 instead of 22.

fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

Jason_Firewalker wrote:We have money, but will we have credit? I don't.... Credit is a skill.... frack... anyway Haizu should be posting soon
If you're making 200 grand a year, you'll have credit. You might want to put some points into it, though, so your character looks the part.

And, well, I don't think he's no mall cop. Well, maybe he is, but he just won the lottery, or his rich uncle croaked or something.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Grandfather left him butt loads of money in a trust fund that matured when he hit 25, that is it...
-- Sir Issac Asimov

Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Name: Skai Michaels
Nationality: American
Residence: (will edit in)
Schools: Spencer, transferred to Harvard
Degrees:

STR: 15
CON: 6
DEX: 13
POW: 7
SIZ: 8
INT: 13
EDU: 19
SAN: 35

IDEA: 65
LUCK: 35
KNOW: 95

HP: 7/7
MP: 7/7
SP: 35/35

Skills
Speak and Read/Write English: 95%
Dodge: 65%
Biology: 60+1= 61%
First Aid: 25+45= 70%
Credit Rating: 45+15= 60%
Latin: 60+1= 61%
Medicine: 90+5= 95%
Psychoanalysis: 30+1= 31%
Psychology: 30+5= 35%
Drive: 40+20= 60%
Punch: 50+10= 60%
Martial Arts: 50+1= 51%
Shotguns: 40+30= 70%
Kick: 30+25= 55%

Equipment (*=has on him usually)
Suzuki Hayabusa, Silver and Grey*
2006 Pontiac GTO
SPAS-12, loaded with Steel 00 Shot (Gift from father, kept at home for defense)
50 rounds 3" Steel Slug
50 rounds 3" Steel 00 Shot
Leatherman*
High Quality Adidas Sneakers*
PDA*
Pager*
Medical Bag (contains everything from morphine, to bandages, to sutures, to a full surgical kit. Is kept in his locker while at work, in his car when he's off. Also has one in his home)
Nalgene Water Bottle*
Medical Lisence, Hospital ID, Drivers Lisence (From Current Residence), Military ID*
Asst Granola Bars* (keeps a couple with him and some in his med bag)
Cane*
Collapsible Knee Brace (kept in bag)

Background: Born in Machias, ME, Skai spent most of his childhood moving from state to state due to his parents being in the Army. First his father, then his mother. Both highly decorated, his father was infantry and his mother was a combat medic. Brought up with the Army mentality, Skai joined himself at the age of 17. Serving as a combat medic like his mother, he was sent to several combat theaters around the world and received several commendations throughout his short, but impressive career. On his last mission, Skai took 2 AK-47 rounds, one to the knee, the other to his thigh. Still managing to retrieve the fallen personnel, but breaking the Medical Codes of Conduct (he took a life in the process), he received a Purple Heart and a Silver Star (the 3rd highest honor an enlisted soldier can receive) for bravery in combat and going above and beyond the duties of his station. Given honorable medical discharge, Skai was discharged from the military with a final rank of Sergeant (E-5) and was granted a full pension. Using his GI Bill to go to college, he got his doctorate in *insert medical degree here* and *ditto*. His dad a bit of a gun nut, he gifted Skai with a SPAS-12 shotgun as his graduation present, his mom a cruise. Skai now works as an ER doctor/surgeon at a hospital in *insert current residence here*. A well accomplished, he is asked to take his skills to more prestigious areas, but refuses them everytime, stating that he is where he is needed. To him, the ER is like another combat theater, the injuries the enemies and the patients his downed personnel. Because of his injuries in the Army, he now walks with a cane. Although he's able to walk without it, it causes him great discomfort unless he is wearing his knee brace, which he wears whenever he works out or runs. Now married to the love of his life, he has a 3 year old son and a baby girl on the way. His wife's name is Jennifer (Jenn) and his son's name is Sean.

Personality: Rather quiet, Skai is very much the strong silent, leader type. Because of his time in the military, he's able to assess situations quickly and determine the best courses of action. Stricken with a bit of a Messiah complex (goes with the job I suppose), he does everything he can to help those around him. Although he's taken the Physician's Oath (he's not allowed to harm anyone, also comes with the job), he realizes that in todays world being able to defend oneself and others is a must.
Last edited by Haizu on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

I'll post the backstory either tomorrow or tuesday. Also wasn't sure what to put for degrees.
Last edited by Haizu on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

Name: Maria (Masha) Samsonova
Nationality: Russian
Residence: Pacific Heights, San Francisco, CA
Schools: Princeton University
Degrees: BA in History, BA in Philosophy

STR: 12
CON: 9
DEX: 9
POW:14
SIZ: 9
INT: 17
EDU: 17
SAN: 70

IDEA: 85
LUCK: 70
KNOW: 85

HP: 9/9
MP: 14/14
SP: 70/70

Skills
Speak and Read/Write Russian: 85%
English: 80+1=81%
Latin: 44+1=45%
Credit Rating: 75+15=90%
Library Use: 55+25=80%
History: 35+20=55%
Biology: 19+1= 20%
Chemistry: 19+1=20%
Physics: 19+1=20%
Archeology: 19+1=20%
Spot Hidden: 35+25=60%
Fast Talk: 35+5=40%
Persuade: 30+15=45%
Drive: 45+20=65%
-------------------
Art (Violin): 50+5=55%
Ride: 20+5=25%
Fencing (Foil): 25+20=45%

Equipment (* = present at most times):
2004 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, red.
2008 Mercedes Benz M-class, white.*
Designer clothes.*
Driver's Licenses in Russia, UK, and USA (California).*
FIA and Grand-Am Licenses
Library Cards and Letters of Introduction to a dozen of the world's largest archive libraries (including Miskatonic U)
Centurion AmEx card*
Laptop
iPhone*
Siemens S65 untraceable phone and 3 pre-paid SIM cards
Pre-paid credit cards in a false name
Wireless Video Camera Detector
White Noise Generator
Swiss Army knife
Mace (one in her purse, 2 spares at home)*
Rocca violin (mid 19th century)
Fencing foil

History:
Maria Samsonova was born in Nizhny Tagil on September 30, 1985 to a family of Leningrad expatriates. Her father, Vasily Samsonov, was a department supervisor in the Nizhny Tagil Iron and Steel works and her mother, Yelena, was a teacher at the local school.

With the collapse of the Soviet Union, Russia suffered an economic collapse 10 times harsher than the Great Depression in the US. Hard times came to Nizhny Tagil, as to all Russian industrial towns- with no military-industrial complex to supply, the steel factories died one by one. Some of Masha's earliest memories include her parents bickering harshly over their future- her mother wanted to return to St. Pitersburg. Vasily refused- he and some of his friends from the factory had a Plan, one that could one day make them rich.

Unfortunately, not only the Samsonov family had such plans. The early nineties are known as the "era of accumulation of capital" in Russia, and every dollar was paid for in blood. Brutal shootouts between rival gangsters broke out daily in the streets, as the Russian mafia became famous worldwide.

For a time, it seemed that Vasily Samsonov had chosen his friends wisely- he and the mobsters who backed him not only defeated the rival gangs and took over the city factories, but began expansion to other cities as well. Yelena, however, still urged her husband to abandon this life, but he, having tasted wealth, could no longer turn back.

Driven to the brink of despair by her husband's stubborn refusals, she tried to divorce him to bring herself and her daughter out of harm's way.

And then one summer day in 1994, the Samsonov family car exploded in a giant fireball. The target was Vasily, but it was Yelena who died behind the wheel.

That summer day changed Maria's life forever. When she understood what happened, she could never again bring herself to trust and to love her father, nor to forgive him for the "murder" of her mother.

The perpetrators were soon discovered, and slaughtered to a man, but this did nothing to improve the relationship between father and daughter. Stricken by guilt, Vasily used his newly-found wealth to cater to her every wish. Anything she ever wanted he provided without argument, and then gave even more, outdoing himself to surpass even her ever-increasing expectations. And yet, they kept growing more distant day by day.

By the time Masha was 12, neither of them could take it anymore and Vasily, now one of the richest men in Russia, sent her away to one of the finest boarding schools in England, where she was educated among royalty. Away from the presence of her father and yet with his massive wealth firmly behind her, she quickly rose to the top of the pecking order.

And yet, the gulf between her and her father still deepened. Vasily Samsonov threw his lot in with Vladimir Putin, and with his support, became one of the world's richest men, with an estimated wealth of over $15 billion. The opinion of Putin among Russians living abroad was not the same as those in Russia, and so Maria discovered that her father was not only a "murderer" but a "traitor" as well. The fact that he now owned a mansion in London and visited her much more frequently did nothing to improve her disposition, either.

In 2001, Vasily Samsonov joined the government of Vladimir Putinfirs as a Duma deputee, then a Minister. To silence his daughter's outrage, he presented her with a brand new sports car for her sixteenth birthday (but not before making her take extensive driving courses, he wasn't going to lose her). She spent much of the subsequent year on the racetrack (she was not yet able to legally drive), discovering a life's passion for speed. She had owned a sports car ever since.

Another turning point in her life came the last year of school, when she stood up for a newly-admitted Russian girl, and lost her own status in the process. Driven to despair by her father's attempts to "help," she decided to leave him, and England behind, and after graduating with honors, she travelled to the USA and entered Princeton University.

At Princeton, she was once more far from her father, and her disposition improved. She began with a study of archeology, but after spending her first summer at a dig side sweaty, uncomfortable, and bored to tears, she switched to History, where the digging was contained to library stacks. Not being satisfied with the workload, she had double majored in Philosophy of Science, giving her a solid background, at the expense of more detailed knowledge.

At Princeton, she met her boyfriend and future fiance, Richard. Like her father, he had a Plan, but unlike her father's, his was not based on suffering. She saw this as an opportunity for freedom. Eventually, Richard dropped out to work full time on the Project- she continued her studies, but did what she could to help out, mostly with her father's money.

The Project became one of the most successful social networking sites, and both she and Richard, although not yet old enough to drink, became millionaires. No longer dependent on her father's "blood money," she severed all ties with him. Old Vasily had few kind words for the "ungrateful little bitch" who used him for years and abandoned him at the first opportunity.

All bridges to her old life finally burnt, she concentrated on her work and studies. She graduated with honors in the spring of 2007, and became a senior executive of the site, while Richard was the COO. With their finacial and personal fortunes merged into one, Richard finally proposed to her in December of 2008.

The engagement made her re-examine her feelings for life, and for Richard. Now finally free of her father, she saw him in a new light, and that light was far from pleasant. Richard was hardly the knight in shining armor which he first appeared. Most importantly, however, she no longer needed him.

And so she left him, just one month into their engagement. She quit her position with the company, and liquidated her stake in it.

She was finally free, with the liberty and the resources to do what she pleased, but at what cost?

Personality:
Maria is an intelligent and strong-willed young woman, who has been thoroughly spoiled by her upbringing. The conflict with her father and her experiences in boarding school have left her deeply cynical and mistrustful of people, and she tends to see an ulterior motive behind every act of "altruism". She is not very experienced in love, and her messy breakup with Richard has soured her to romantic relationships, and in quite a bit of fear of retribution from Richard.

She typically thinks of herself before other people, although she is capable of standing up for others and has done so in the past. However, such experiences convinced her that Doing the Right Thing is generally more trouble than its worth, and that it is better to keep one's head down and look out for oneself. She still feels guilty over every such inaction, however, and tries to rationalize it to justify it to herself. Still, there are incidents which she cannot adequately justify, and she carries a lot of guilt.

She is very curious about things hidden and unseen, and a great deal of will and dedication to apply in such pursuits. This has helped immensely during her academic career, but has also led her into trouble on past occasions.

She performs well under pressure, but often prefers to follow the path of least resistance avoiding difficulties before they arise. This often leads to greatly selfish acts, such as her treatment of her father. She has a great potential to do good, but she keeps squandering most of it away.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Last edited by fgalkin on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 14 times in total.
fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

So, we got 2 complete characters and one somewhat-complete one. Anyone else wants to join, or is it just the three of us?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Alright, I've edited my character to include history and I've tweaked his inventory. Please let me know about any discrepancies or if you want anything clarified.

fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin »

So, folkses, anyone else? Going...going..

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Utanka
Acolyte

Post by Utanka »

I have been personally asked by Firewalker to return for this thread as we both love CoC, I have never played the non-d20 version but will do my best.

Str

Con

Dex

Pow

App

Siz

Int

Edu

Income