New User Introductions Mk II

GH: General Discussion

Moderator: LadyTevar

Cavalier
Apprentice

#1 New User Introductions Mk II

Post by Cavalier »

Hello. I'm Cavalier from SB, and MarshalPurnell from SD.net. And I was also involved with Marina on a little board called Divine Salamis, once upon a time. Registering on the advice of Mayabird here, mostly to post fiction. Look forward to meeting you all.
Last edited by Cavalier on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#2 New User Introductions Mk. II

Post by Dark Silver »

For new denizens of our humble domain to introduce themselves.....

Please keep spam to a minimum.

Edit: ...the board is being stupid, as it's not letting my post come before Cavalier's......

Anyway. New users should post within 5 days of creating their account, or said account shall be eliminated with extreme prejudice and it's remnants will be tossed to the depths of the Abyss.

Thank you, dear denizens...for your cooperation
Last edited by Dark Silver on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Welcome Cavalier, and enjoy your stay here. Mind the mutant face-eating tortoises, and whatever you do, don't bring the subject up around ComradeTortoise. He's...still a bit raw about the past. Don't bring it up.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

There's a MarshalPurnell at SDN?
Welcome to LA, Cavalier. And on your own head be it. Unless Maya has developed Force powers while I wasn't looking you came here of your own free will.
A hearfelt welcome from the retht of uth Cave Dwellerth, and Mithtreth Barbara and Mathter Richard too, Mathter Cavalier.
Oh, and say Hi to Igor.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Losonti Tokash
Apprentice

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Does it count as an introduction if I made my account years ago and then promptly forgot about it?
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Losonti Tokash wrote:Does it count as an introduction if I made my account years ago and then promptly forgot about it?
Yes. Welcome, so we can throw the flesh-eating animals at you in celebration and welcome.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
havokeff
Acolyte

Post by havokeff »

Howdy folks.

Some of you already know me, but for those that don't, my name is Gabriel and I like to do drawings. :D

I work at the Oakland Harley dealership in Oakland Ca.. I just got married to the coolest girl in the whole wide universe and am currently working towards making a pro career at comic book penciling.

I think cars are stupid and have a somewhat outrageous sense of humor.

Hmmm... I can't think of anything else relevant. I now open the floor to questions. :)
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

havokeff wrote:Howdy folks.

Some of you already know me, but for those that don't, my name is Gabriel and I like to do drawings. :D

I work at the Oakland Harley dealership in Oakland Ca.. I just got married to the coolest girl in the whole wide universe and am currently working towards making a pro career at comic book penciling.

I think cars are stupid and have a somewhat outrageous sense of humor.

Hmmm... I can't think of anything else relevant. I now open the floor to questions. :)
Howdy Havokeff, and welcome.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

*narrows eyes suspiciously*

And what are you doing here amongst the distillate of the biggest nerds around? Huh? Looking to get in on some D&D action, huh? Or just chill? Huh? Huh?

*pokes hav with a stick*

Pffft. Now that the customary poking and needling of the newb for information is over with, pull up a chair and have a beer hav. It'll have to be your own chair and beer as I can't exactly send you those things over the Internet, but its a good idea nonetheless because beer and chairs are cool.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

We did have a SuperHero game going for a long time... Until it imploded.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
havokeff
Acolyte

Post by havokeff »

Honestly, I like quite a few of the posters here from SDN, Tev, Ace, Rhoenix, Nitram, Academia Nut etc. and Dark Silver added me on Facebook so my interest was piqued.

I'm not big into the gaming like some. I've never been able to get passed the feeling of being completely ridiculous, but it is fun to read and I have always liked the stats and character building.

I will probably start an art thread here to shamelessly whore myself and inflate my ego- uh... I mean get new and unique feedback. :D
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

I'm sure you can accumulate a whole lot of requests for character portraits and 'feelies' for players and GMs, respectively.
speaker-to-trolls
Acolyte

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

Hi, I'm Speaker-to-trolls, I joined because I saw this forum in a signiature on Stardestroyer.net and I like the presence of all the roleplaying games and user fiction which one does not have to scroll through X pages of comments to read. Also, there's a 'random thoughts' thread in this forum, which I approve of, since it means there exists a place to articulate my inane and irrelevant musings.

Very nice to be meeting you.
"I'm goin' to hell (he's goin' to hell) in a handbasket (in a hanbasket), I'd pray if I had the guile.
No it ain't no word of a fib, I'd rather be a smear on the devils bib; cos on my knees repenting ain't my style!"
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Welcome to the scum pit.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

speaker-to-trolls wrote:Hi, I'm Speaker-to-trolls, I joined because I saw this forum in a signiature on Stardestroyer.net and I like the presence of all the roleplaying games and user fiction which one does not have to scroll through X pages of comments to read. Also, there's a 'random thoughts' thread in this forum, which I approve of, since it means there exists a place to articulate my inane and irrelevant musings.

Very nice to be meeting you.
Welcome aboard!
If you want in a game, just ask the GM if there's room.

And please make sure you let your favorite writer know what you think of their stories in the Author Feedback threads :grin:

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Welcome speaker and havekoff.....

I added you on Facebook mostly because AcePace put you as a suggested friend....honestly had no idea it was you...
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Welcome to LA, speaker and havokeff. You will never find a-no, wait, I retired that one quite a while ago, didn't I?
You motht thertainly did, Mathter Bruth.
Welcome to LA, Mathterth thpeaker-to-trollth and havokeff. Enjoy your thtay.

Well in that case on your own heads be it. :razz:
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
The Minx
Pleasure Kitten

Post by The Minx »

Welcome aboard, guys. :grin:
GreyGriffin
Acolyte

#19 It's me again

Post by GreyGriffin »

I've been floating on and off lurking this board for awhile, but I guess I'll actually throw my hat in the ring. This is Peregrine from the old Utopia forums, and I have an eye out for something a little more freeform than my usual games--something like Window, or BESM, or pure freeform.

I hope that that fare pops up occasionally still.

To all you I already know... hello again!
To all you I don't know already... Hello!
rhoenix

#20 Re: It's me again

Post by rhoenix »

Hello, GreyGriffin (as I'll call you what you call yourself here), and welcome.

- William Gibson

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

HI! Welcome to the party.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Ah...hello again Peregrine.

Welcome to Hell.....as the case may be.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Peregrine! We meet again!

Now we clearly must engage in a ritualized duel during which we must display our mastery of various esoteric Kung-Fu styles with ridiculously stupid animal-themed names!
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Peregrine! We meet again!

Now we clearly must engage in a ritualized duel during which we must display our mastery of various esoteric Kung-Fu styles with ridiculously stupid animal-themed names!
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Welcome.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.