Transformers: World War II

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

It's allowed to play both....

nothing says you can't play two characters...you just can't play two Autobots....

maybe....

it is interesting....
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

rheonix wrote: Name: Novawing
Affiliation: Autobots
Sub-group: Aurochs (now defunct)
Alternate Mode: US P-38 Lightning
Motto: "Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow is an illusion. There is only right now."

Weapons: Equipped primarily for close and medium-range combat, Novawing is equipped equally well in both robot and in heavy fighter mode.

In Heavy Fighter mode, Novawing is equipped with three plasma bolt ejectors (one above each propeller, and one in the nose of the the cabin nacelle), designed for highly accurate assault at close to medium range. Typically, the setting he uses for them in this mode is lower power, higher refire rate, though he can change the ratio at will.

Additionally, he still has his old war trophy from a Decepticon adversary thousands of years ago - the Storm Cannon, a very powerful projectile cannon mounted on the spine of the aircraft in Heavy Fighter mode. However, though very powerful, this gun is prone to jamming, and has a refire rate of about 30 seconds optimally.

In Robot mode, Novawing is no less capable, though loses access to the Storm Cannon in this mode. However, it is only in this mode that he's capable of cleaning or fixing the Storm Cannon.
Both his propellers' blades connect together to form twin long swords capable of creating an energon sheath (bluish in color; looks like propane flame), though doing so does use an impressive amount of energy; in exchange, the blades can impale or slice through nearly all known forms of armor while active.
Additionally, the plasma bolt ejectors are mounted on his shoulders while in robot form. Typically, the setting he uses for them in robot mode is higher power, lower refire rate, though he can change the ratio easily.

Abilities:
Though appearing to be a stock American-made P-38 J-variant Lightning, Novawing's version of this craft is more manueverable and faster, able to reach speeds of nearly Mach 2 if needed for short bursts by using his booster jets. He also able to hover stationary using the same booster jets to counterbalance the forward motion of his propellers.

In Robot form, he is capable of flying, but the booster jets he uses to do so are much better suited for straight-line acceleration, rather than true flight - he cannot maneuver anywhere near as well in his robot form.

Weaknesses:
Novawing enjoys fighting, perhaps a bit too much. He rarely takes into account his own survivability, instead preferring to view things in terms of what would be most likely to cause a mission to succeed - which doesn't include his own safety.

Novawing is an old bot, and though many of his parts have been upgraded and replaced over the millenia, a few core parts still remain, not all of which are...the most efficient. When refueling, Novawing must include a carbon-based additive to process energon efficiently. If this is not done, his booster jets are very unreliable, his propeller engines "knock," and he gets powerful headaches, which interfere with his normally impressive aim.

Biography:
Novawing was a gladiator once upon a time, renowned in the gladiatorial pits for his ruthlessness and dispassionate deconstruction of his adversaries' tactics.

Impetuous and relentless as a result, Novawing joined the Autobots because of what actions the Decepticons were choosing to take more than he agreed with all the Autobot sentiments. He doesn't see the necessity or reason to show kindness (which he views as weakness) toward downed foes; however, though he doesn't necessarily agree with how enemies should be treated, he will follow the Autobot's credo of treatment, even if a bit grudgingly. This is partially because he watched two of his fellow Aurochs get shot apart during a particularly brutal battle on Cybertron, millenia ago.

In present day, he is very much still a soldier, enjoying every mission, and doing his very best per mission as if it would be his last, though this sometimes serves to make sure he barely makes it back to base as a bunch of shot-up parts.
Let's see...
no to the Storm Cannon. Just...no. You are not mounting a railgun in airplane mode. The airplane mode would be to small for that (nothing short of a B-52 Flying Fortress would be big enough for that). And no, your not changing to the B-52 so you can have the Storm Cannon. I'm vetoing the thing right now. NO Big Honking Gun.

Your plasma ejectors...are iffy. What is "close to medium range" for your weapons? What is the RoF, etc. I'd be hesitant to let you in with three of them. Give me something better in the specifics department. Or swap them something out that gives a known course.

Your swords are not going to be "ginsu of death and destruction" blades, even with Energon sheathing. You don't get to free-pass all armor with them. Give me something better than that.

While you have the Alt-mode of the P-38 Lightning, your still Cybertronian tech...you don't have a "version" of the vehicle. It's constrants aren't yours...except for physics. That's universal. No hovering in your Alt-mode. Your not a helicoptor to get to do that.

Why do you always play the wreckless idiot? I mean, I'm glad you try to stick to a role.....but sometimes it's better to break said role. You being wreckless but armed and armored enough to not even make it a concern isn't much of a weakness now is it? Do better. Being old isn't a weakness either....Old for a TF means something like Iron Hide or Kup..both are Autobots who were probably millions of years old when the Great War started. Your not being one of those old sour bastards. Hell, being 4 million years out of date is actually one of the things which means to be a TF on Earth at this point.

Right now..Novawing reads more like a Decepticon who went "Megatron was more popular than me! Wah!" Than someone who joined the Autobots for a good reason. He was a oil-thirsty, vicious Gladiator-bot. Most of those are Decepticons to the heart, because Megatron basically gave them a reason to go "The Strong Rule". Your guy pretty much reads by that creedo. Much less give me a reason to think he'd be amoungst Prime's hand picked crew for the Ark. He's the guy Prime would have fighting on the front lines I'd say, more than crewing a starship doing search for more energy.

The character just doesn't feel right to me....give me a more...clearer version (in a new post...).

LadyTevar wrote: Autobot Profile.

Subject: PathFinder
Primary Function : Armored Recon
Alt-Mode: M3 Stuart Light Tank

Bio:
Pathfinder always liked playing the sneak, finding the enemy and then shooting and scooting. With his wicked sense of humor, he liked hiding and spooking the 'Cons whenever he could. On Earth, Pathfinder likes to blend in to watch humans, and will stealth the Autobot symbol as much as possible to get closer and learn more about them.
Once the Autobots joined the War Effort and were paired with SpecOps teams, Pathfinder enjoyed chatting up with them between missions, just making friends and trading stories about the tricks he'd pulled. A new joke he and the SpecOps humans are pulling is the "Haunted Tank" routine, tricking basic infantry into thinking a certain M3 Stuart does things when no one's looking.

Weapons/Abilities:
At times Pathfinder's smaller size and good armor made him a good choice for temporary relief of besieged units until the big gunners could arrive. He has thus taken a liking to the M3 Stuart Light Tank, which was designed to be dropped out of airplanes for similar missions. His Cybertronian body has improved on the Stuart's light armor and already impressive speed, giving his alt-mode a top speed of 120km/h over good ground. Improving on the Stuart's weapons-load, Pathfinder has a close-range Canister Gun for the main gun mount, and four long-range lasers. In robot mode, the Canister Gun stays as a shoulder-mount, while the four lasers merge into a single hand-held rifle. The Canister Gun has the ability to fire multiple ammo types, including anti-armor, incendiary, and anti-personnel, as long as Pathfinder can find suitable rounds.

Weakness:
Pathfinder is not a large Autobot, and thus does not pack the armor of Ironhide or Overload. He cannot take sustained punishment.

Quote:
You should have SEEN how far that 'Con jumped when I leapt out behind him! New high-jump record, I swear!
Sounds interesting. I'll allow it..though I ask you give me something on how powerful those "long range lasers" are. doesn't have to be a absolute, a abstract rating like "ER Light Laser" or "ER Medium Laser" will work fine.

SirNitram wrote: Name: Overload
Affiliation: Autobot
Sub-group: N/A(Formerly Minicon/Dimension Hopper)
Alternate Mode: Armoured Train Engine
Motto: Straight To The Front Lines!

Weapons: In vehicle mode, Overload's cowcatcher can sheath itself in destructive energon, cleaving through opposition in his way. In addition, he can emit sensor-scrambling pulses from the front.

In robot mode, Overload's fists can be wrapped in the same violent energy as his cowcatcher, making his Pit Fighting brawling incredibly dangerous.

Abilities: In addition to emitting scrambling static to prevent ranged weapons locks, Overload is insanely strong, even by the standards of other large autobots. On Cybertron and on Earth, nothing was odd about the heavy lifter drawing hundreds of times his weight along. As a Minicon, he can detach from his larger Autobot body and move freely, in the form of a small Cybertronian aerial drone. He rarely indulges, however, as his armour and strength is greatly weakened in this form.

Weaknesses: Lacking destructive ranged weapons, Overload must engage enemies up close. In Minicon mode, he must depend on his powerful sensor-scrambling and minimal cross-section to protect himself from full sized Cybertronians.

Biography: Displaced across Time and Space, Overload, beleving himself to have escaped the eternally ressurecting Unicron, settled into a Cybertronian life easily. A fan of pit fighting, his first full Autobot body was won in an upset where he disoriented the opposition until they were tripping over themselves. Until the war, he was content to indulge in the Pit and haul cargo. With the war in full swing now, he shifts his cargo to vital war provisions.
It's Overload....yet it isn't. Wasn't sure if I should let the dimension hopping Mini-con play...but eh..it's a Elseworld from the "preferred" Timeline....and he doesn't seem overpowered. Hell, he doesn't even have a pew-pew pistol. Also gives a nice spy plane option...just incase. I'd suggest at least getting a Autobot-Brand "rifle-pistol"(tm) though.....

Charon wrote: Full Name: Jason B. Murnau
Codename: Hunter
Birthplace: Newark, Ohio

Service Branch: US Army
Specialties: Demolitions, and stealth
Weapon/Vehicle expertise: M1 Garand rifle, Thompson submachine gun, Bazooka, Various explosives, Medium and Heavy trucks.

Equipment/Loadout: Grenades, set charges, M1 Garand, Bazooka.

Profile/history: Jason was born at the beginning of the roaring twenties, but missed out on most of the excitement as the Great Depression hit America before he was even ten. Jason's family got lucky and his dad managed to keep his job while he and his brother managed to find the occasional odd job to bring in money. Jason's older brother by 5 years left home when he turned 18, joining the services so that his family wouldn't have to worry about supporting him anymore. Jason, always wanting to live up to his big brother's achievements, joined the services as well when he turned 18. He showed a great knack for blowing things up and for not being seen while doing it, and after more extensive training was transferred over to the G.I. Joes only a few months before things started getting weird.
Yo Joe! -stuffs some rubbers in his shirt pocket, followed by a cast-iron cup-

You'll need at least one of these if you see Lady Jaye...
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Sounds interesting. I'll allow it..though I ask you give me something on how powerful those "long range lasers" are. doesn't have to be a absolute, a abstract rating like "ER Light Laser" or "ER Medium Laser" will work fine
ER Medium lasers it is :lol:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

It's Overload....yet it isn't. Wasn't sure if I should let the dimension hopping Mini-con play...but eh..it's a Elseworld from the "preferred" Timeline....and he doesn't seem overpowered. Hell, he doesn't even have a pew-pew pistol. Also gives a nice spy plane option...just incase. I'd suggest at least getting a Autobot-Brand "rifle-pistol"(tm) though.....
Autobot-Brand Rifles: Does a body... bad.

Could do a rifle that's an extension of his scrambling power. A concentrated burst to the cerebrocircuits will mess you up.

Also probably get you high, but.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Dark Silver wrote:The character just doesn't feel right to me....give me a more...clearer version (in a new post...).
I'll be honest - this was meant to be a direct spiritual successor, somehow, to Firetrack from the last game, complete with Meltdown's gun.

All criticism accepted without complaint, save for two - the P-38J variant was the first that was able to fly properly when diving, and not stall and crash. That's all.

Two - the plasma bolt ejectors are basically mini-fusion plants that eject a small bolt of plasma surrounded by an EM field to hold it together until it makes contact with matter. If that's too powerful (and I agree, it kinda is, given that it's a graduation of the earlier Plasma Phaser idea from the ST game), I can contentedly go with grasers (gamma-ray) lasers instead.

Failing that, I'd go with two 20mm laser cannons, mounted on the top and bottom (respectively) of the nose nacelle, and two missile launchers, if you'll allow them. :wink:
Last edited by rhoenix on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

rhoenix, he's not interested in whatever mechanism the plasma ejectors supposedly work by, he's interested in their performance. You've got a bunch of them and they're effective at close to medium range. He needs to know things like rate of fire and how effective they are against Cybertronians so he can gage whether or not they're overpowered or not.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:rhoenix, he's not interested in whatever mechanism the plasma ejectors supposedly work by, he's interested in their performance. You've got a bunch of them and they're effective at close to medium range. He needs to know things like rate of fire and how effective they are against Cybertronians so he can gage whether or not they're overpowered or not.
Good point - I did miss that.

The plasma bolt ejectors were originally supposed to be a direct ratio of power per shot to rate of fire. High end of power per shot would be about equal to .50 cal, able to refire every 5 seconds; dialed all the way down in power per shot (and highest refire rate) would be about on par with a 10mm, refiring every 0.25 seconds.

How does this sound?
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

rhoenix wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:rhoenix, he's not interested in whatever mechanism the plasma ejectors supposedly work by, he's interested in their performance. You've got a bunch of them and they're effective at close to medium range. He needs to know things like rate of fire and how effective they are against Cybertronians so he can gage whether or not they're overpowered or not.
Good point - I did miss that.

The plasma bolt ejectors were originally supposed to be a direct ratio of power per shot to rate of fire. High end of power per shot would be about equal to .50 cal, able to refire every 5 seconds; dialed all the way down in power per shot (and highest refire rate) would be about on par with a 10mm, refiring every 0.25 seconds.

How does this sound?
Useless against most Cybertronians and don't define firepower on modern weapons, given the way Cybertronian durability varies from source to source. You again fail to address the point.

Say instead something like "low to rapid fire rate, fire rate decreasing with shot power. Maximum power is low damage to Cybertronians." That's much more useful.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:Say instead something like "low to rapid fire rate, fire rate decreasing with shot power. Maximum power is low damage to Cybertronians." That's much more useful.
Ok, that works.

And DS, I shall change the swords idea to instead give additional power to punches, similar to Overload (Nitram had a good idea - and don't worry, I won't directly copy it in effect).

- William Gibson

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

There's nothing wrong with swords, he's just saying that they will be merely effective weapons but the won't be lightsabers and ignore Cybertronian armour.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:There's nothing wrong with swords, he's just saying that they will be merely effective weapons but the won't be lightsabers and ignore Cybertronian armour.
Well, I know - and I also realized the scale of the propellers turning into swords was a bit silly.

So, I'll see what the revision looks like - I think I can do something fun, and much less one-dimensional, as DS pointed out. I'll be working on it today, and making it just a new post.

And Cyncat, as abrasive as you are, you did help me polish this character concept a bit - so, I thank you.

- William Gibson

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Just to echo DS on one point mainly, make certain that he actually has a reason to be an Autobot. Looking over the first draft I was actually wondering why he decided to join the Autobots.

As to the big gun, war trophies are best earned in-game. :wink:
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Charon wrote:Just to echo DS on one point mainly, make certain that he actually has a reason to be an Autobot. Looking over the first draft I was actually wondering why he decided to join the Autobots.

Oh yes - after it had been pointed out, I went back and re-read it...and I wasn't all that impressed either. He really did sound one-dimensional, and that one wasn't a very good one.

Charon wrote:As to the big gun, war trophies are best earned in-game. :wink:
Very true. Everyone has to have goals, after all.

- William Gibson

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

rhoenix wrote:
And Cyncat, as abrasive as you are, you did help me polish this character concept a bit - so, I thank you.
You're welcome, but let me point out that I told you in my first post to define your weapons based on how effective they are against Cybertronians. You didn't, which required me to repeat myself, not something I enjoy and indicating that you didn't pay much attention to my post, both of which are annoying.
Last edited by Cynical Cat on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

SirNitram wrote:
Autobot-Brand Rifles: Does a body... bad.

Could do a rifle that's an extension of his scrambling power. A concentrated burst to the cerebrocircuits will mess you up.

Also probably get you high, but.
You don't HAVE to have a rifle or pistol..just thought it'd be better to have something to give your character at least some range combat ability.

Though a Gyro-scrambler weapon would be a good addition to him, without making him stellar on the power rankings. You can still be the brawler.

rheonix.....Cat pretty much pointed out everything needed. I need to know what your weapon is capable of, something like Plasma Ejectors...your telling me is a mini-fission plant...

That tells me no, especially to three of them - same with your swords. You effectively made them lightsabers..which are a no. This isn't star wars, no one has light sabers. You can still have swords.

And what I meant for the physics part...it means your alt-mode is a disguise. You don't become the actual vehicle when you transform. You would be a P-38 in name only, you'd be full cybertronian tech underneath the shell - which means the ability to pull off manuvers not originally meant for the airframe - but you don't get the ability to hover in place unless your a helicopter. A plane is a plane is a plane, even if it's Cybertronian.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

but you don't get the ability to hover in place unless your a helicopter. A plane is a plane is a plane, even if it's Cybertronian.
Or a Harrier Jet.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Yeah, a Harrier Jet can do VTOL......

That's not to say there may not be some Cybertronians with VTOL ability (there are...) but it's not seen often in those who take airplane alt-modes.
Utanka
Acolyte

Post by Utanka »

Name: Motherboard
Faction: Autobots
Team: Skybots (Now Defunct, one of two survivors and only survivor loyal to the Autobots)
Alt Form: XF5U "Flying Flapjack"

Info On Alt Form: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_flapjack

Bio and Personality:
Created to fight the Cybertronian War by the Autobots he is more aggressive then the average Autobot. The war still has taken a toll on him losing the rest of his squadron to the Decepticons through the betrayal of a disgruntled Autobot named Yowler (alt form TBD-Devestator). The wholesale slaughter of his compatriots and has lead to his paranoia surrounding betrayals by other Autobots. He sees possiable betrayal around every corner. He came to Earth only a scant few months ago and joined up with the local Autobots to fight in this great war.

Weapons (Alt Form):
1: High Intensity Mid Range Charged Particle Cannon: With a range of 3000 feet this high powered cannon has a refresh rate of about 3 seconds between shots but inflicts a devestating ammount of damage. Slung right under the cockpit.
Primary Function: Ground Attack
Secondary Function: Air-To-Air Combat

2: High Fire Laser Cannon x2: Mounted to either side and slightly below the charged particle cannon these two rapid fire lasers are lower in intensity then the charged particle cannon but have a refresh rate of .5 seconds. They are fire linked with a range of 4500 feet.
Primary Function: Air-To-Air Combat
Secondary Function: Anti-Infantry

3: Energon Bombs x2: Mounted under the chasis of the plane the two carried bombs can be set for either use against hardened targets (low blast radius with bigger punch) or against massed formations (high radius with lower yeild).

Weapons (Bot Form):
1: High Intensity Mid Range Charged Partice Cannon: Carried as a rifle otherwise same statistics as the alt form weapon

2: High Fire Laser Cannons x2: Mounted in each wrist the lasers are otherwise the same as in the alt-form.

3: Monomolecular Swords: The propeller blades from the Alt-Form transform into monomolecular bladed swords useable in hand to hand combat.
Primary Function: Hand To Hand Combat.

Special:

1: For a Skybot or even any flying bot he is heavily armored. His Cybertronian armor is thicker then would seem natural for a bot of his size and capabilities but he pays for this with a loss of speed.

2: Higly Manuverable/near-VTOL: Because of his airframe design (which copies the XF5U) Motherboard is capable of manuvers that are otherwise inexplicable to an airframe that looks so odd. Also if properly angled he is capable of near-VTOL and also capable of hovering.

Weaknesses:

1: Paranoia: Wonders constantly who will betray him next and when. He is constantly planning for the circumstances under which he will have to kill the traitor(s).

2: Energon Inefficient: Requires refueling twice as often as a standard Autobot. This problem can be solved with an addative but Motherboard does not like the 'flavor' of the addative so he usually forgoes it unless he knows it will be awhile till he can re-up on fuel.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Oh PLEASE not another paranoid person! :mad:

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I'm not even wanting to look over that.....people feel free to deconstruct it as you see fit.

Only thing I will say is...that doesn't look like anything I asked for...it's just a buncha min-maxed stuff...

And no, no more paranoid damn characters...I swear if I see "is paranoid amoungst the Autobots about being betrayed" or another tragic background, I'll pull my hair out.

And remember the date. NONE of these guys have come to Earth in recent months, these are Cybertronian who were found on the Ark with Prime (when it comes to the Autobots).

Edit: Oh, and if I see another Autobot flyer NPC...I'll open the Plasma Energy Chamber full tap. B4's actually got the last spot for them reserved....if he decides to join or not.
Last edited by Dark Silver on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Okay, let's go through this.

1) You can fly. It's a significant advantage.

2) You have a very high powered gun. This is a big advantage. The slow fire rate isn't a disadvantage, it's mandatory to make the weapon balanced.

3) You have . . . . more guns. Low powered, but fairly rapid firing. So our already well armed flying machine has . . . even more firepower.

4) Variable setting bombs that are good for all situations. On a plane that already has multiple guns.

5) Not one, but two swords. Because we wouldn't want him to not dominate hand to hand combat as well.

6) Highly maneuverable. So he can optimize the use of his huge arsenal of weapons.

7) Heavily armoured. We wouldn't want to miss this. He could actually lose a fight if he wasn't.

So we have a massively powerful robot with all sorts of abilities, able to dominate all kinds of combat.

His so called weaknesses:

Paranoia: Yeah, this doesn't actually weaken him, just makes him less fun for other people to play with.

Energon Inefficient: Includes an additive escape clause, because we wouldn't want him to be too inefficient.

There's no reason for this guy to be an Autobot. Little things like morality and principles weren't worth mentioning in your character bio.

He's a master at all forms of combat, with a diverse arsenal of weapons and abilities. He can fly, he can outmaneuver most flying enemies, and he has heavy armour. He is, in short, the equal or the superior of every other posted character in their own field of specialization and strong in every field of endeavour.

His so called weaknesses are minimal.

He is, in short, a munchkin 'bot.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

I think Cyncat's covered everything.

BTW Cat: since you're being so active with Characters.. where's yours? :lol: I wanna see you as a -real- Autobot this time. Or find a way to play SnakeEyes. :twisted:

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

LadyTevar wrote:I think Cyncat's covered everything.

BTW Cat: since you're being so active with Characters.. where's yours? :lol: I wanna see you as a -real- Autobot this time. Or find a way to play SnakeEyes. :twisted:
Well, there's this whole thing with me really liking the Decepticons, which probably is related to the whole flying/heavy firepower thing (the multitude of cat and monstrous transmetal forms don't hurt either).

As for Snake Eyes, I can't make acerbic, biting comments as him, can I? :wink:

Utanka, if you want I can help you salvage the character, even as a flyer if DS permits.
Utanka
Acolyte

Post by Utanka »

Alright then I will construct a new character... here you go...

Name: Lynkus
Faction: Autobots
Alt-Mode: M-18 Hellcat Tank Destroyer

Bio and Personality:
Built before the Cybertronian War began, Lynkus is an older model of Cybertronian. But as old as he is he is still fresh of mind. His aim is true and his wisdom is almost as if he is all knowing. Lynkus is best known for his participation in the Defense of Outpost Ceti Gamma Two, a battle early in the Cybertronian War in which he personally defeated several enemy Decepticons through some extremely oddball tactics. A war hero already Lynkus had the option of not participating in the second world war but instead chose to be gung-ho and join up. He is kind and caring with a mean streak towards Decepticons. He hates Megatron with a passion, having once been captured and tortured for over ten years by the Decepticon lord. Escaping from the hands of the Decpticons changed him quite a bit, his sense of fair play was deep running before his torture but now he is more akin to a bloody warrior when it comes to dealing with 'cons. He hates Nazis almost as much as he hates the Decpticons and is willing to engage in their wholesale slaughter if need be.

Weapons:
1: 76.2 mm Charged Particle Cannon: A powerful main gun capable of ripping to shreds most German tanks and emplacements as well as doing severe damage to even the heaviest Cybertronian armor. Carried as a rifle in Bot form. Refresh rate of 4 seconds.
Primary Function: Anti-Cybertronian/Armor
Secondary Function: Anti-Emplacement

2: Flexiable Ring Mounted Rapid Fire Light Laser: A high rate of fire light laser capable of ripping through most Earth metals easily the gun performs poorly against Cybertronian armor. Built into left shoulder in Bot form. Refresh rate of .1 seconds.
Primary Function: Anti-Infantry/Anti-Air
Secondary Function: Vegitation Clearing

Max Speed Alt Form: 75 mph

Special:
1: Jet Jumping {Bot Form Only}: Uses small jets and anti-grav systems in his bot form to perform leaps and dodges most other Cybertronians would be jealous of. Though not able to fly he is able to leap further then any non-flyer Cybertronian his size.

Weaknesses:
1: Possesses thinner armor then most other Cybertronians of his size Lynkus has to remain agile and mobile to be effective in combat.

EDIT: Added some personality and changed a bit about the main gun.
Last edited by Utanka on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Your'e right, the snarky comments are very hard when you can't talk. Shipwreck would be more your style :twisted: