STGOD! OOC Thread.

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

And for the record, with the exception of the various Islands in the Mediterranean, my island possessions consist of the Canary Islands, the Azores, Jamaica, and Cuba.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

Note my list is for small islands only, I also have the tip of New Guinea, Australia (including Tasmania), and New Zealand.
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Sunhawk
Acolyte

Post by Sunhawk »

I have the Seychelles and Mauritius, as well as the various minor islands of the Indian Ocean not already specifically claimed.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

How was the multi-upgrade system for battleships and cruisers - which can have more than one - meant to work? I presumed you could take one of each upgrade, but I see at least one player who stacked two Anti-Capital upgrades on a single type of battleship.
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

There's a reason there are at least two penalties for each upgrade. There is nothing stating you can't stack upgrades, with good reason. The only limit is that you can't stack the same penalty more than twice.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

Hrm, didn't think of it that way.

Comes in handy, at least, when considering what I do whenever I can resume naval construction. :smile:
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Steve wrote:Hrm, didn't think of it that way.

Comes in handy, at least, when considering what I do whenever I can resume naval construction. :smile:
That's easy. Just be at peace with all your neighbors and you can spend as much as you want on your navy. :razz:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

It's not so much me keeping peace with my neighbors as it's my need to make sure they want to keep peace with me, honestly... :razz:
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Steve wrote:It's not so much me keeping peace with my neighbors as it's my need to make sure they want to keep peace with me, honestly... :razz:
Well to start with you should avoid the Nazi strategic plan that has you fighting the three nations on the planet most capable of handing you your ass simultaneously. :wink:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

Ha. Yeah, that's wise... which is why I want to ensure I don't end up in a multi-front war.
Last edited by Steve on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

General Havoc wrote:Even if he did buy a single squadron for those 120 points, that would give him three battleships, not two. Given geopolitical reality, this is an important matter. It is necessary that I know if Germany has six battleships, or two, or none at all. It is also necessary that I know how many of his battleships are actually stationed in the Caribbean, as I have vital interests in the region.
What really happened is that I read the point cost as 60 and not 90, mental transposition. I will rearrange some things
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

I'll allow another week extenstion. That means next month will still be in the Apirl-March timeframe.

Silence, Hadri, Klavo that gives you until next Friday to post in the game thread. If you haven't by then, then you're out, no excuses allowed. Especially since I'll given y'all a damn month to post.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

By the way, for the record, with the US's desire to keep war out of the Caribbean, a long-time deployment of battleships would have been met with force long ago, putting anyone with long term battleships on colonial deployment at war, with the recent months as some sort of cease fire.
Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

I will be making some changes to my post regarding Zanzibar. I am reaching out to Slacker about what exactly is going on since this really threw a monkey wrench into my plans. It may become a hot spot, it may not. We will see.
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Hotfoot wrote:By the way, for the record, with the US's desire to keep war out of the Caribbean, a long-time deployment of battleships would have been met with force long ago, putting anyone with long term battleships on colonial deployment at war, with the recent months as some sort of cease fire.
I really do wish that you would have put that in your OOB or something rather than in a now locked thread buried a few pages in.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

And I wish you had used proper values when building your fleet so I can figure out how harshly worded my condemnation of Germany should be in my press release. It has not gone unnoticed by other powers in the region.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

New Map up in the game thread, 1st post.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

Should we CC any game-related PM's to you frigid?
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

By the way CT, just for reference, you don't have any historical or policy-based information in your OOB either, so I feel little pity for you there.

On that note, you've not posted anything really about the history or policy of Germany at all anywhere, in your OOB, in this thread, or in the older locked one.

Just an FYI.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Should we CC any game-related PM's to you frigid?
If it's diplomatic discussion or such, I don't need to know. If you're moving troops or doing covert operations, yes I need to know. Also if you are handing out disinformation, I need to know as well as what the real story is.

Asian Players, tell Charon, not me.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

Problem with policies is that they don't happen in a vacuum and it's hard to guess how your policy would be in the past if you don't know how the other guy's thinking. I could write up that my relations with Mexico are super-cozy or, alternatively, generally icy and distant, but Swept may desire the exact opposite in either case. And it'd be silly to presume that two sides are acting in such a completely contradictory manner as policy would naturally have changed to fit the other side's actions.

Preferably the history of policies regarding two states should be hammered out and posted by the relevant players; you and me determining US-Pacifican relation history, me and Swept for Mexican-Pacifican, etc. Even more logical, all three of us - with Silence as Britain for a potential wild card - determining the history of our interrelations with each other, since US policy toward Pacifica and vice versa would certainly play a part in Mexico's policy decisions, etc.
Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

Wee, I made a post! I finally, after many travails and rewrites, managed to get Part 1 of my opening post done. I was going to include Part 2 in the same posting, but I think it's better that I leave it for later. The first part is a good sized chunk of writing as is. Sadly the quality isn't quite what I would like it to be given the amount of time I spent writing it.

For the record, I'm in for the long haul in Mongolia. My post outlines all the major points of my overall plan, but for the time-being the only priority is getting through the door. After that things are to progress with a deliberate pace.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I got my dad a book on Ungern-Sternberg for Christmas. Hadrianus, you're a bloody maniac.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

This could get awkward.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

That's where it gets fun.