Anybody up for an FSTGOD?

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Lars Port

O======O=====O
||x---------------------\\
||x''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''::\\
||x'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':::\\
||x''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''::::O............[]
Ox'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':::::|===............[]
||x'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':::::|=
Ox'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':::::|==.....[]
||x''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''::::O
||x''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''::://...............[]
||x'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':://
||x---------------------//
O======O=====O

Ok. Here's a real basic sketch of Lars Port. The = and || are walls. The O are towers.

The single line in the back is where the port starts, with the == after them being docks. The [] are docking points for larger ships.

The x and - are essentially open space. The : is where all the sea trade stuff happens.

Ignore the . Those are just filler.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Still no reply on my ship chasing. Soon is better than latter gentlemen.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Sorry, I'd thought Rogue was supposed to take care of it. I'll get on that soon if Rogue doesn't get to it first.

For me at least, this is the end of the school year so things are kinda hectic to say the least.
Last edited by Charon on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Charon wrote:Sorry, I'd thought Rogue was supposed to take care of it. I'll get on that soon if Rogue doesn't get to it first.

For me at least, this is the end of the school year so things are kinda hectic to say the least.
Studying is for pussies. Real men stare angrily at their exams and the paper produces the right answers out of fear. :razz:
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

My mistake... I thought the Skarklaggers were bringing the first trade items. Sorry Sorry!

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Charon? I find it funny that Eronwal is on the other side of the peninsula from where the Nithgaard are 'gathering forces'.

To make things clear: The fleet is in the Western Gulf, between Lars Port (#12 city) and my own southern border. A portion of my army is gathering at my far northern border, across from Riversmeet (#8 city), awaiting an answer from Riversmeet's city council on whether it wishes my protection from the Hydie-frogs and the Koronians beseiging LarsPort. My fleet is war-gaming in what modern day would call 'international waters', and has not yet crossed into another's territorial waters.

And those who think the Snakes are too far south to worry the Nithgaard have forgotten the lessons of history. Queen Gliadrachan has not, since she was a full adult when the first conflict started.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

LadyTevar wrote:Charon? I find it funny that Eronwal is on the other side of the peninsula from where the Nithgaard are 'gathering forces'.
And? A power over ten-fold your size is gathering forces, it's time to be a bit careful.
To make things clear: The fleet is in the Western Gulf, between Lars Port (#12 city) and my own southern border. A portion of my army is gathering at my far northern border, across from Riversmeet (#8 city), awaiting an answer from Riversmeet's city council on whether it wishes my protection from the Hydie-frogs and the Koronians beseiging LarsPort. My fleet is war-gaming in what modern day would call 'international waters', and has not yet crossed into another's territorial waters.
There are no Koronan forces besieging Lars Port. Inquisitor Bradley is not part of the Koronan military and seeing as he's done almost nothing thus far it's hard to say he's even participating. Fact remains that the forces of a much larger army are marshelling, regardless of WHERE it's time to be a bit cautious.
And those who think the Snakes are too far south to worry the Nithgaard have forgotten the lessons of history. Queen Gliadrachan has not, since she was a full adult when the first conflict started.
Ah yes. These would be the lessons of history for... who exactly? Oh yes, only the Nithgaard. It's nice that they're worried about it, as far as everyone else is concerned you're paranoid freaks.

Also, my nation has 30 points put into political and religious manipulation, can you guess why exactly those reports were coming in the way they were now?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I could use some GM attention on my ship capturing.
Masterharper
Apprentice

Post by Masterharper »

City State #1:

Brimir Dwarves. City State
Race: Dwarves

City State 1: Karnak Mountain: Home of the Brimir dwarves, discovered by the late explorer 'Giradine Karnak' (The creatures would answer questions of their names with naught but riddles, belieing a general idea that they themselves were children of the mountain, yet not of this world. However, the local nations near them may have their own names, depending on the translation of these cryptic answers.) Referred to by the less wordly as 'Karnak Dwarves'. Or 'Dark Dwarves'.

The jagged and black peaks of this haunting visage belie the true nature of the dwarves that reside deep below in secret dark places. Those who return from the mountain are generally hazy about finding the home of these dwarves: For their passages within the mountain seem an ever-changing network of tunnels, even the entrances are not where travelers remember them being--not that many find their way to this desolate home.

The dwarves within are gnarled, physically weak, with dark skin, and greasy thin hair. They are not all adorned with beards, as their stereotypical cousins. They speak in riddles and make deals signed in stone or blood. Any bargain, however, is welcome to the Brimir. Verbal deals have their impact upon the individual as well. While these twisted dwarves are inherently evil, they do not actively do evil. Very rarely do Brimir venture out into the world, unless summoned by their true names. It is entirely unheard of for a Brimir to knowingly volunteer such a name to strangers--for they are not trusting, and fear enslavement.

These dark-skinned dwarves love the forge above all else. It is said they are born of the anvil, and that their funeral pyres are often the furnaces themselves. Needless to say, the Halls of Brimir reek of acrid smoke, and smouldering fires.

Fairly industrious in their ways, these dwarves are almost always open to trade. . Brimir goods are always in short supply, for they set standards for themselves that crafters among men would balk at and dare to call mad. The rhyme behind their reason is, of course, evident to the naked eye. Their jewelry is ever the most splendid, beautiful; their swords keep their edges the longest, cut the fastest, feel right in the hands of the wielder. Brimir are unrivaled in the quality they maintain. Buyer beware, however, as the prices are steeper than any throughout the rest of the lands. That sapphire choker which captures the essence of starlight itself may cost you a precious heirloom, or your daughter's virginity. Of course, should it be flawed, goods can be haggled for, the severity of the price reduced.

Beyond master crafting, the Brimir also retain a sacred and dark knowledge of enchantment. They have kept--via oral tradition--the secret to forging masterful artifacts, weapons well worthy of use by the gods themselves. Such items have prices almost too steep to ask: Use of the user's soul, either while he owns the weapon or in the afterlife. Or half of an individual's life. Strange and mythic bargains are the order of the day, and the stuff of children's tales (the darker, less inviting kind) seem to come from these sweltering caves.

The Brimir also specialize in curses: specifically those places in the intricate runes that give their crafts power and beauty. To wrong a Brimir--specifically he who made the item--is to invite disaster not only upon oneself, but all around. Curses are powerful enough that they occasionally follow the item itself after activated--the origin of most cursed items in fact, deals that had been renigged upon. In rarer instances, the curse is specific, for it was a backup upon a powerful item, and instead follows the bloodline of the individual, sometimes as long as ten generations.

Trades of a less dark and vile nature also to be had: Brimir dwarves are responsible for their own kin, and each head of each family must provide. Therefore their less accomplished goods (What would be to normal men as well made weapons, and are to the Brimir as little more than a wasted effort). It is through this method that these twisted dwarves obtain supplementary food and what few goods they do not create. Brimir have little taste or desire for luxury items, as they see the craftwork of outsiders as inferior.

The Brimir keep an army at the ready, consisting almost entirely of their healthy male population. This force is primarily composed of crossbowmen armed with magically enhanced items that they themselves more likely than not created. It is said that their bolts strike true to the heart, and even magical healing has a degree of difficulty closing the wounds.

Military:
8 points: 1,000 Crossbowmen. Magically enhanced Dwarvenmake crossbows, and the people who made them.

3 Points: 100 Cursethrowers: The Brimir equivalent of battlemagi, they influence affairs on the field with terrible curses.

3 Points: 100 Kjemp-Trappers: Dwarves who skulk in the shadows of the mountains, causing avalanches, pitfalls, and cave-ins on uninvited, unwary, and unexpected groups viewed as threatening.

1 Point: Magical fortification: The tunnels undermountain are ever changing, always moving. It's rumored that they're to be found only by the most diligent….or if the Brimir want you to find them.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Oh mighty GMs, is it cool if I just post the ship back to port for repairs?
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

Yes.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Just so everyone knows. In some cases I have not responded to a post. That is not (usually) because I have forgotten. I am trying to keep some semblence of a timescale on this thing. For example if you are sending an army on it's way to fight a nearby nation, or sending diplomats to a nearby power, it's not gonna make sense if they begin moving when another nation is beginning a siege at night time and your men get to their destination which is at least a day or two travel away before the sun rises at the siege.

I know it sucks to wait, and if I get a lot of complaints I'll think of some other way to do it but for now bear with me.
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

Uh, frigid, how do your people know that we are coming? our troops are approaching through the mountains, moving at night...
"Winter is Coming"
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I've got some bad news. I'm heading home because school is done, and there is no internet at home at the moment. So I'll be gone for awhile. Maybe a week, maybe more. Sorry.
The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

NOOOOOOOOO!!! [/Vader]
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Just so everyone knows play will resum when Charon gets back. At that point DS should make peace with his sick little godling and pray for a swift mericful death kicking on the end of a pike instead of being pitched into a fire by angry ex-slaves.

That is all.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Oh really Frigid? You think so?

We shall see...

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Masterharper
Apprentice

Post by Masterharper »

I wait, then!
Made in Thaywan
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

DS, time to pray to your gods. Who knows, maybe if you're awfully nice to me I'll have them answer one or two instead of being too busy being bitch slapped by Dahhok, Altian, and Mairen. :grin:
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

Fat chance, buddy. You lamers couldn't general your ways out of paper bags- I know, I've fought most of you already. I reckon that DS and I can take every one of you and force a peace.
"Winter is Coming"
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Thirdfain wrote:Fat chance, buddy. You lamers couldn't general your ways out of paper bags- I know, I've fought most of you already. I reckon that DS and I can take every one of you and force a peace.
Hello there, Thirdfain.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Thirdfain
Apprentice

Post by Thirdfain »

SirNitram wrote:
Thirdfain wrote:Fat chance, buddy. You lamers couldn't general your ways out of paper bags- I know, I've fought most of you already. I reckon that DS and I can take every one of you and force a peace.
Hello there, Thirdfain.
Well, hello to you too.
"Winter is Coming"
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

While I must say that you have yet to fight me, I'm also not much of an issue seeing as my nation is far enough away that we don't concern each other at the moment.

As for the rest of those schmucks. Yeah, you could take 'em. :wink:
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

I'm sure. There's no Machines this time. :razz:
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton